Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Official - Let's Quit Smoking Thread -

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
On the one hand, these are stressful times.

On the other hand, we all face potentially having to deal with a nasty lung infection.

I have found myself motivated to do what I should have done a long time ago.

So far (approx 46 hours) so good.

Come join me.

Reduce your risk of serious lung disease caused by corona virus by quitting smoking and vaping

https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/reduce-you...used-corona-virus-quitting-smoking-and-vaping

D

Deleted member 22389

Well done dd. I'm a heavy smoker.
I nearly cracked it two days ago using the inhalaters but caved in next morning. I did manage to quit for nearly two years some years back, I just said no more and with the help of the inhalaters did it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you want to quit, I don't think there is any point in setting a target date. I think you just got to say enough. Inhalaters worked for me last time.

Are you smoking again ?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Not wishing to appear smug, but I gave up on the 2nd August 2017 and not touched a smoko since. I have piled on 3 stone though.
Giving up smoking was a walk in the park compared to watching what I eat :lolol::lolol:
Seriously though, good luck and stick with it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I gave up smoking (again!) five years ago, and have been smoke free since. Two years ago (three years after giving up smoking) I was diagnosed with COPD. Yes, giving up smoking (or never starting)n is a good idea, but not always all it's cracked up to be. Give up by all means, but it's probably not worth it just for the Coronavirus outbreak - if you're going to die, why make your last few months on earth more miserable? Self isolate, do all the right things, and hopefully see you at the end of this crisis. Then celebrate your survival by giving up smoking and enjoy the rest of your life! Good luck!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here