Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lidl Planning to Open on Goldstone Retail Park

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got as close as Furniture Village with Mrs V before I had a nosebleed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I visited on the day of the first game at the Amex, having avoided it since the last season there.

That was enough. It was like finding the body of your first gilfriend, dessicated at 40 degrees for 24 hours, hollowed out, articulated, and turned into the entrance to a bingo hall.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I visited on the day of the first game at the Amex, having avoided it since the last season there.

That was enough. It was like finding the body of your first gilfriend, dessicated at 40 degrees for 24 hours, hollowed out, articulated, and turned into the entrance to a bingo hall.

I did the same as Harry and went after the Amex was built. But I'm not as much of a drama queen as Harry so have been since and will go again.

Besides, Lidl do that really nice smoked duck pate. Or maybe that's Aldi :wink:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I will never set foot on that site ever

I have still not seen it (in real life, or in photos) since the ground was there (was driven past it once but chose to look away).

In my mind's eye, the Goldstone Ground still stands, and I intend to keep it that way. :thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Cycled past it today, first time since those flats and maisonette/houses were built. Those black, new build houses at the South Stand end of Goldstone Lane must have cost an absolute fortune.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I bet after reading that Lidl will regret being so hasty in going with the strap line "Big on Quality Lidl on Price". Your strapline is so much punchier.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The shops on that site are trash...why would I ever want to go there?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I once saw Nick Cave in the old JJB Sports on the Goldstone Retail Park, which was quite surreal.
Nick Cave isn't someone I'd normally associate with sportswear.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Albion players are quite fond of the Nandos on that Goldstone site.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Jeez, are there are people still out there angry and still boycotting the retail park ? They need to get a life if so !!! Far more pressing things in life.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jeez, are there are people still out there angry and still boycotting the retail park ? They need to get a life if so !!! Far more pressing things in life.

There are loads of places to shop and no need at all to financially support a business that exists because they were willing to pay someone greedy to do something despicable. How that retail park was built has not changed and I will remain consistent in never giving them a penny. I'm not angry, but I will not forget and will not condone. If you have chosen to, that's a matter for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here