Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Cancellations

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does anyone know.

If you have advance Train Tickets or hotels booked which wouldn't normally qualify to be refunded if cancelled.

In these circumstances do we know if Train Companies and hotels will refund these ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know.

If you have advance Train Tickets or hotels booked which wouldn't normally qualify to be refunded if cancelled.

In these circumstances do we know if Train Companies and hotels will refund these ?

For hotels, think it's up to the individual company. Some are now allowing changes to be made for 'non flexible' booking (Premier Inn for example) but not all. I've got one booking that is non-refundable and non-changeable - haven't contacted the hotel yet but will do at some point given the official advice is now not to travel unless you have to (and I don't need to go to Norwich now...............but will if I'm not getting a refund or at least a credit to use another time :shrug:)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Does anyone know.

We had booked train tickets for the England vs Italy game and got a full refund. It was actually my brother in law who phoned them up (Trainline I think) and they agreed to waiver their usual £10 cancellation charge.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I believe for advance tickets you normally have to pay a fee to change the time/date however it seems some rail companies are waiving the fee. However, that is no good as the match is unlikely to be played. At the moment the league is only suspended until 4th April although we all know this is going to be much longer. It may well be that the train companies will review what they do.

Jul 7, 2003
My inbox is full of emails from different travel companies telling me about how they care for me. Many hotels are now waiving cancellation charges - even for those rates which are non-refundable. Train companies are different. Some are offering changes without the usual admin fee, some the chance to rebook advance tickets for another date but not allowing refunds. I was due to go to Cheltenham races next month and booked a set of advance tickets but am resigned to losing that money.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Doesn't answer your question but AirBNB have changed their refund policy due to extenuating circumstances:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/artic...cumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covid19

and if your booking was made in a certain timeframe and is for a certain check-in date you can get 100% refund instead of 50% refund as they usually offer. Which has just saved me about £700 on a big family get together that was booked over Easter that I have now cancelled.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My inbox is full of emails from different travel companies telling me about how they care for me. Many hotels are now waiving cancellation charges - even for those rates which are non-refundable. Train companies are different. Some are offering changes without the usual admin fee, some the chance to rebook advance tickets for another date but not allowing refunds. I was due to go to Cheltenham races next month and booked a set of advance tickets but am resigned to losing that money.

They'll be thousands of footie fans in the same boat. I've sent an email to my MP and I think they should put pressure on the train companies to refund advance fares. Perhaps if everyone did likewise it might have an effect.

That said, we still might end up in lockdown and that would put more pressure on the train companies to do the right thing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For hotels, think it's up to the individual company. Some are now allowing changes to be made for 'non flexible' booking (Premier Inn for example) but not all. I've got one booking that is non-refundable and non-changeable - haven't contacted the hotel yet but will do at some point given the official advice is now not to travel unless you have to (and I don't need to go to Norwich now...............but will if I'm not getting a refund or at least a credit to use another time :shrug:)

Update on this from my Norwich hotel......email back from hotel confirming our 2 night (2 room) booking can be moved to another date within a year.....might be a weekend away without football, or perhaps our championship fixture [emoji15][emoji15]

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Update on this from my Norwich hotel......email back from hotel confirming our 2 night (2 room) booking can be moved to another date within a year.....might be a weekend away without football, or perhaps our championship fixture [emoji15][emoji15]

Travelodge allowed me to change a London Hotel to a different date with no Admin Fee. I hade to choose a date but as I go to London a lot to my office I just picked a date in September and I can just plan to be there on the date I chose

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've paid nearly £300 for Eurostar tickets for a weekend trip to Paris in early May. As of this morning Eurostar weren't up for refunding or moving travel to an alternative date. But I'm hoping that tonight's Foreign office communication advising against all international travel will help me get my money back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I've paid nearly £300 for Eurostar tickets for a weekend trip to Paris in early May. As of this morning Eurostar weren't up for refunding or moving travel to an alternative date. But I'm hoping that tonight's Foreign office communication advising against all international travel will help me get my money back.

That’s awful. Eurotunnel are allowing customers the chance to use prebooked tickets for up to 12 months from the date, with only the difference in times to be charged. In other words, no admin fee.
Ours are booked for June, so we’re still hopeful.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Does anyone know.

Air Malta and booking.come just quoted terms and conditions. No refunds

Premier Inn and Europcar refunded immediately.
Guess who will not be used again.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Does anyone know.

This is from an email from Trainline last night.

Train services across the UK are currently running as normal. However, if you need to change your travel plans, here are your options.

Advance Single tickets
This ticket type is non-refundable. However, you can change your tickets online to a different time/date for many train operators. Any changes need to be made at least 15 minutes before your original departure date/time.
Please note, if you booked as a guest, you'll need to use the link within your booking confirmation email instead.
We've waived our usual change fee, to help you during this uncertain time.
We appreciate you may not know your new travel date, so feel free to change to any date within 12 weeks and you can edit this again if necessary nearer the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is from an email from Trainline last night.

Train services across the UK are currently running as normal. However, if you need to change your travel plans, here are your options.

Advance Single tickets
This ticket type is non-refundable. However, you can change your tickets online to a different time/date for many train operators. Any changes need to be made at least 15 minutes before your original departure date/time.
Please note, if you booked as a guest, you'll need to use the link within your booking confirmation email instead.
We've waived our usual change fee, to help you during this uncertain time.
We appreciate you may not know your new travel date, so feel free to change to any date within 12 weeks and you can edit this again if necessary nearer the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I got that message as well thanks but you have to buy a new ticket and claim refund for the old one but the new tickets are double the price. Train Companies are ripping people off during this period and then they want us to use them. They are *****. I hope they all lose their Franchise over this

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here