Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone help me please?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It seems if you need the items that inconsiderate folks have been panic buying the best place to look is the small independent corner shops/convenience stores. Most seem to have pasta/paracetamol/toilet roll in stock. Bit pricer than Asda but at least you can get what you need.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Fiveways-based and happy to help in the local area.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It seems if you need the items that inconsiderate folks have been panic buying the best place to look is the small independent corner shops/convenience stores. Most seem to have pasta/paracetamol/toilet roll in stock. Bit pricer than Asda but at least you can get what you need.

Definitely this - couldn't be arsed to go and fight my way around Tesco or Sainsbury's (total carnage according to social media/friends), the local Co-op (not independent obviously but same principle) continues to be well-stocked with pretty much everything it usually has..........

Jul 7, 2003
For those in desperate need of toilet roll, it is the less obvious places that seem to have stocks. For example, the Hanwells stores in Broadwater and Rustington had plenty of stock when I've been in there recently.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great idea for a thread, Bozza. I haven't got any wheels so am a bit limited in what I can do but if anyone in Coldean wants anything, let me know

D

Deleted member 2719

Great thread.:clap2::clap2:

Let's hope this thread will eradicate the Brexit Thread forever.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Nice thought.

I’m happy to check up on an elderly relative if they live in Cambs or (less frequently) London.

A tentative idea, and I've never used these before so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong...

Rather than have to work one's way through the whole thread, how about a Google spreadsheet? You could add yourself to it, postcode yourself if you want, or put in where you're able to visit. Then people could get in touch here, if needed.

Any good?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QnDYTL-Wy6XTCQmgEcav-1eSSnhen2detUj_V7thH6E/edit?usp=sharing

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Eastbourne based but work in a little place called Waldron (nr. Heathfield). Anywhere in between if anyone needs anything! :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I live in Queen's Park.

Happy to help and support others. Shopping etc. Always PM. No problems.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm only on foot but I live on Highcroft Villas near the Dyke pub, BN1,if anyone needs any help of any kind. I have an enhanced DBS (can be checked online) if that is relevant re a vulnerable adult.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A tentative idea, and I've never used these before so forgive me if I'm doing it wrong...

Rather than have to work one's way through the whole thread, how about a Google spreadsheet? You could add yourself to it, postcode yourself if you want, or put in where you're able to visit. Then people could get in touch here, if needed.

Any good?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QnDYTL-Wy6XTCQmgEcav-1eSSnhen2detUj_V7thH6E/edit?usp=sharing

Decent idea. Done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here