Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Potholes

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Has anybody else noticed the massive amount of potholes in the roads around town at the moment? There's near Dyke Road park that's more like a sink hole.

God, I'm old.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Has anybody else noticed the massive amount of potholes in the roads around town at the moment? There's near Dyke Road park that's more like a sink hole.

God, I'm old.

Hey you're not old, its one of my bugbears at the moment.
These pot holes are everywhere, its down to the fuvkwittery of the local councils, not keeping up the repair the roads.
My car hit a massive hole the other day, which was covered over by rain, it made a hell of a bang, luckily no damage was done.
There's an outfit up here, employed by the local counci to make running repairs, but all they seem to do is drop a lump of porridge in the hole and hope for the best.
Its maddening I tell you, we need to get the Romans back and build the roads, as our medieval ones are sh!te :angry:

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Hey you're not old, its one of my bugbears at the moment.
These pot holes are everywhere, its down to the fuvkwittery of the local councils, not keeping up the repair the roads.
My car hit a massive hole the other day, which was covered over by rain, it made a hell of a bang, luckily no damage was done.
There's an outfit up here, employed by the local counci to make running repairs, but all they seem to do is drop a lump of porridge in the hole and hope for the best.
Its maddening I tell you, we need to get the Romans back and build the roads, as our medieval ones are sh!te :angry:

Driving chariots instead of cars would be better for the environment too.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

God, I'm old.

I assume you have reported this to the Council so that they can use some of the money pledged in the recent Budget to get out and repair this hole.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When it used to be called Road Fund Licence the f*ckers had no excuse for shit roads. Potholes have never been this bad and the tyre companies are doing very well out of it.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When I destroyed my disc wear indicator by hitting a deep hole between Hurstpierpoint and Hassocks three weeks ago I was greatly comforted by the knowledge that the country now has two enormous aircraft carriers.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
When I destroyed my disc wear indicator by hitting a deep hole between Hurstpierpoint and Hassocks three weeks ago I was greatly comforted by the knowledge that the country now has two enormous aircraft carriers.

That news would greatly comfort me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Did you get distracted looking at Dunk's house?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In the grand scheme of things right now, potholes might have been shunted down the priority list for the authorities for a while.

I'm sure the council roads dept don't have a lot to do with any virus prevention.

And the bloody things have been around for months and months in some cases. The problem is that they don't deal with them as small holes and so they get bigger crater like with cars continually going down them.

Some of the back roads are in a just bloody awful state of disrepair and the crunch on the tyres and suspension as you go down the hole is cringing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Waze is starting to irritate the feck out of me, telling me about potholes every three minutes. Useful though

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No more than normal, which is loads! **** knows what we pay our taxes for coz it never goes to the right places

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Recent rain falls have caused the pothole epidemic.
Not helped by my council digging out potholes along the A259, in readiness for repair, and then not repairing them.

FOR THE SECOND TIME.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I drove to Mile Oak the other day around the Graham Avenue area, and it was like taking part in a stage of the Dakar Rally. With the maHOOsive building project going on there in the fields behind Gorse Close / Overdown Rise, there is a constant flow of HGV's taking away fasands of tons of excavated chalk day in, day out, and it has wreaked havoc on the roads there (building an access road from the A27 was clearly seen as an expense too far). Looks like some of the potholes have had the customary half-arsed repair, only to be quickly mashed again by works traffic.

God knows what the children are doing there now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here