Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Roy Hudd - RIP

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A very talented comedian, writer, and mimic. He did a great impersonation of Flanagan in Flanagan and Allen. He was also an expert on music hall.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Who died in bizarre fashion whilst trying to fix the tv aeriel on the roof of his house.

R.I.P. both Roy and Rod.

He used to drink in my old local pub. The night in question he left the pub pissed, got home his son complained about the TV, he decided to get up on the roof, the rest is history.

If you ever visit the Queens Head Icklesham his cane and hat hangs above the bar. There's also a cabinet with a lot of awards he received

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sad news. RIP
Spent the last ten years vowing to write to Roy, after I discovered that we shared family connections. Alas, never got round to it and now too late. ( Don't put off to tomorrow that which can be done today )

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He used to drink in my old local pub. The night in question he left the pub pissed, got home his son complained about the TV, he decided to get up on the roof, the rest is history.

If you ever visit the Queens Head Icklesham his cane and hat hangs above the bar. There's also a cabinet with a lot of awards he received

Does Emu still go in there occasionally, or has he moved away?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A terrific entertainer and a great authority on Music Hall (surely the first example of pop culture as we know it and therefore worthy of study).

Does Emu still go in there occasionally, or has he moved away?

If I lived near the Queen's Head at Icklesham I wouldn't move away. Damn fine pub for both beer and food.

...and sorry to learn about Roy Hudd as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here