Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top 10 late goals of the AMEX era

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lovely bit of disassociation to start the week.

[tweet]1239461399027494912[/tweet]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I may be wrong if I didn't spot in one there but one of my favorites was Vincelots winner v Forest with more or less the last kick of the game, all of the forest players just collapsed on the pitch as the ball hit the net and the amount of people on the platform waiting for Lewes train moaning about the 1-1 draw was a joy to behold

Edit: Maybe is wasn't Forest looks like it was Buckley scoring to make it 1-0 in the 90th minute

Edit again: was it Vincelot's shot first that went to Buckley then to score the rebound

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
STILL get goosebumps watching the Donny winner.

One of the best moments I've seen at a football match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1-0 down but came back to equalise and then absolute scenes when Murray scored a late late winner

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Marvellous scenes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's cheered me up no end. Thanks for sharing.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1-0 down but came back to equalise and then absolute scenes when Murray scored a late late winner

I'll always remember the team running the full length of the pitch to celebrate with us at the opposite end. Of course the referee would have been entitled to restart the game given Albion were in their own half (all be it in a bundle), however it was Oliver Norwood who remained the only Albion player in Birmingham's half preventing the unlikely scenario of a quick restart. Clever I thought.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Anthony Knockaert's winner at home to Sheffield Wednesday on a Friday night in January 2017.

Glenn Murray had been sent off around the hour mark and I thought we'd do well to hang on for a point and move on to the next game but super Knocky had other ideas and scored an opportunist late goal. I don't think I've celebrated a winner as crazily as that. Even though there was still injury time, I just knew we'd win and get promoted (with hopefully the title as well). MASSIVE self-destructed and had two players red carded right at the end.

What an amazing night - and a nice win on the correct score too at around 9/1. :albion2:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That through ball from Noone. Magnificent.
I love how we can confirm AND refute so many NSC player traits in that one clip.

As you say Noone's pass, but add to that Bong, CMS and then ultimate AK:-

- Blindly running with the ball accidentally setting up Sidwell.
- Sending in a glorious cross setting up Tomer.

One player summed up perfectly in 10 seconds of footage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here