Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will be your daily routine be in isolation ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Luckily with my job I can still trade online but business levels and income is inevitably going to collapse.

I think I will work as best as I can, take the pup out for 5 mile walks he needs daily until I am too unwell to do that and have a contingency plan in place the kennels will collect him for x weeks and months if needed and look after him. Being single this will hit hard

Then I will just watch about 100 films I have on dvd and not watched yet and just live a day at a time and fight the fcker as best as I can

What will you do ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some of us have been inadvertently prepping for years, if anyone wants any tips feel free to ask.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Luckily with my job I can still trade online but business levels and income is inevitably going to collapse.

I think I will work as best as I can, take the pup out for 5 mile walks he needs daily until I am too unwell to do that and have a contingency plan in place the kennels will collect him for x weeks and months if needed and look after him. Being single this will hit hard

Then I will just watch about 100 films I have on dvd and not watched yet and just live a day at a time

What will you do ?

Go down the pub
Take the dog out
Go jogging.
Cycling.
Shopping
Golf
Go to the beach
Fishing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
My wife and I might have it already. The symptoms aren’t an exact match but I have a sore throat and tightness in my chest. So it’s close enough that it seems sensible to self isolate. My routine will be to work from home as much as my symptoms allow and help my wife look after our 3 month old. Given how tired I’ve been over the last few days I think any spare time beyond that will be spent sleeping!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If you are in isolation you are not supposed to go out at all in case you inadvertently infect a passing person. That is the whole point of isolation. Therefore all the dog walking, strolling along the beach (even if it looks deserted), goung to pubs, shopping and everything else outside is off limits.

It will be like solitary confinement in Colditz.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Carry on as normal, I tend not to go out that much to be honest so it won't be that hard.

Keeping the kids entertained will be the fun part.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I had this for 6 weeks last year after a stem cell transplant which decimated my immune system. If you are feeling well enough make sure that you do something active like stationary biking, gardening... anything to stop you sitting around all day. Have a routine to break the day up, fine to watch Netflix etc. but don't do it all day. It might seem appealing but it can play with your head if you are not careful and I wasn't doing it with a bombardment of doom laded news and concern for loved ones. I have to say I am dreading the likelihood that I will be back there again so soon.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If you manage not to eat a kilo of raw cereal by 11am or drink at least a double whiskey by 4ish, please let me know how. Keen to see how everyone normal adapts to the hermit life

Also: a quick check of nsc is great when you know an important email has just arrived

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I will continue to lead a normal life as much as i can. Staying in won't be an option.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you are in isolation you are not supposed to go out at all in case you inadvertently infect a passing person. That is the whole point of isolation. Therefore all the dog walking, strolling along the beach (even if it looks deserted), goung to pubs, shopping and everything else outside is off limits.

It will be like solitary confinement in Colditz.

Did they have Netflix in Colditz?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I will continue to lead a normal life as much as i can. Staying in won't be an option.

Several facetious replies immediately sprang to mind when I read that. Several. But in these sombre times, I'll leave it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here