Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corona virus Helping others idea

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I noticed this on Luciana Berger’s twitter account. Really great idea to help neighbours in need and can be shared online as well.

Even in the rarified surroundings of Waitrose I witnessed some extremely selfish behaviour today with people grabbing at ridiculous amounts of loo rolls . Who needs 10 packs !! Selfish in the extreme .

It’s time for people to come together and look after each other and show kindness.

Attachments

• 6203E305-05C3-4F8F-AD47-5A81B75D4E75.jpeg
    6203E305-05C3-4F8F-AD47-5A81B75D4E75.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 168

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Nice to see... with all the selfish hoarding of essentials i was losing (even more) faith in humanity. Good stuff :)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This is all over FB. There are already some Brighton FB Coronavirus groups with people offering to support the self isolating. This is great, and I've been seeking them out for myself as I want to volunteer too- would just be mindful that it is still preferable to have processed and vetted volunteers of some kind. I mean I would much prefer that if someone was visiting my folks if I was locked down elsewhere, that it wasn't just joe bloggs but joe bloggs who had had even rudimentary vetting by Age Concern, Age UK etc. It's easier for me to volunteer with these agencies as I have an enhanced DBS and worked recently in adult social care but still, be careful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here