Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Shows how much I notice, I didn't realise the Beatles were finally on YouTube. I bought Sgt Pepper when it came out and immediately loved this song, I think it is one of the most beautiful songs they wrote and still brings tears to my eyes today, haunting lyrics and vocals combined with the harp and strings arrangement by George Martin.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Shows how much I notice, I didn't realise the Beatles were finally on YouTube. I bought Sgt Pepper when it came out and immediately loved this song, I think it is one of the most beautiful songs they wrote and still brings tears to my eyes today, haunting lyrics and vocals combined with the harp and strings arrangement by George Martin.

My favourite Beatles song, good pick.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This probably doesn't deserve a thread of it's own, so I thought I'd drop it in here. It's video that's doing the rounds on twitter at the moment. Two young people listen to phil collins' 'in the air tonight' for the first time:

https://youtu.be/0l3-iufiywU

The video in this tweet shows the drum bit, if you don't want to see the whole thing. (Yes, the tweet is overselling it with 'schooling' but whatever)

[tweet]1291479883021983745[/tweet]

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This probably doesn't deserve a thread of it's own, so I thought I'd drop it in here. It's video that's doing the rounds on twitter at the moment. Two young people listen to phil collins' 'in the air tonight' for the first time:

https://youtu.be/0l3-iufiywU

The video in this tweet shows the drum bit, if you don't want to see the whole thing. (Yes, the tweet is overselling it with 'schooling' but whatever)

[tweet]1291479883021983745[/tweet]

Being a big Genesis and all the members of the band fan. I see lots of these reaction things popping up as a suggestion when I access youtube. There are a lot of young people who love Phil Collins it would seem. Probably because they don't have Noel Gallagher telling them he is sh!t, not they would know who he is mind.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I only found out the open lines are not “She’s so popular” but it is actually “Jeux sans frontières”

It does sound like that - I'd never noticed. I was avidly reading Smash Hits when that came out I think so would find out the lyrics readily.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It does sound like that - I'd never noticed. I was avidly reading Smash Hits when that came out I think so would find out the lyrics readily.

I'm old enough to remember Jeux Sans Frontieres, it was the European version of 'It's A Knockout', where British towns would compete against towns from Germany, France, Belgium etc. All in the name of fun of course, but it used to get a bit patriotic and feisty at times, hence Peter Gabriels lyrics.

:wrong: :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here