Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Going early as the day will be busy.

I wasn't expecing this to sound like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mu7Ya-yh80

Note there are at least 2 artists on youtube with the same name. If you like this, the ones to look for are on the channels Accidental Poet, "The GΔmes We PlΔy" and DSWL :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION] Cracking version from 2018 Alexandra Palace on the new album

The live version on youtube in NYC in 1981 is also amazing. They hadn’t come up with the bulk of the lyrics yet, but the unique at the time danceable synths & rhythm machine sounds had been composed. Covered in detail in Hookie’s last autobio.

I was still at school, somehow (NME?) my mates and I cottoned to New Order at that time, instantly falling in love with the band and Joy Division.

See any gigs of theirs in the 80’s?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The live version on youtube in NYC in 1981 is also amazing. They hadn’t come up with the bulk of the lyrics yet, but the unique at the time danceable synths & rhythm machine sounds had been composed. Covered in detail in Hookie’s last autobio.

I was still at school, somehow (NME?) my mates and I cottoned to New Order at that time, instantly falling in love with the band and Joy Division.

See any gigs of theirs in the 80’s?

Town and country mid 80s. Always seemed to miss their gigs when they came up but had a preference for what was laid down and all the mixes and versions rather than live experience with them. Other bands however I love live completely different experience to listening to a track on headphones.
Wish I had added in the blu-ray option for the new album though
Apologies for two songs in one day

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Town and country mid 80s. Always seemed to miss their gigs when they came up but had a preference for what was laid down and all the mixes and versions rather than live experience with them. Other bands however I love live completely different experience to listening to a track on headphones.
Wish I had added in the blu-ray option for the new album though
Apologies for two songs in one day

No problem at all, I still listen to JD and NO probably most weeks. 40 years on, timeless.

One of the beauties of NSC is all the other folk who happen to love late 70’s and 80’s bands.

Best ever gig I went to - New Order Aug’84 Portsmouth Guildhall, magical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here