Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just watched The Current War again.
The Chicago worlds fair scene is cinematic beauty

the music choice inspired..(no film clip unfortunately)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I heard this earlier from 1994. I can't recall hearing this for 25 years, but what a dance song. :rave:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
From Friday, a bit late. I was watching Pointless yesterday and one of the clues was a film title featuring a bird and starring Zach Braff called - - - - - - - Little. I knew the answer mainly from this Steve Earle song and lyric which coincidentally is one of my favourites. The only song I played yesterday:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The best song I’ve heard for the first time today is the new Tion Wayne track ft Stormzy & Dutchavelli. Probably the closest you can get to a commercial drill tune. Also potentially opens up a Chip v Stormzy beef too which would be craaazy.

However if we’re doing the best song I’ve heard overall today then it has to go to CASisDead - Pat Earrings. With a debut album coming out soon(ish) hopefully I’ve been playing his mixtapes and singles a lot lately. An absolutely phenomenal talent & somebody who makes truly unique music. Would be interested to hear what some of the people on here with more varied music taste make of him (*cough* @<u><a href="https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?u=15734" target="_blank">harry</a></u> Wilson’s tackle *cough*) The 80s inspired stuff he’s put out over the last couple of years is some of his best work and he deserves more credit for sure.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Heaven a gateway, a hope.

My first New Order gig in 84 ended with this stunner. Still the business now,

Doesnt matter how many times my mood swings as to fav songs, New Order -Temptation is the one i always come back to as the best and quite possibly the greatest.
And so many different cracking versions to enjoy

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Doesnt matter how many times my mood swings as to fav songs, New Order -Temptation is the one i always come back to as the best and quite possibly the greatest.
And so many different cracking versions to enjoy

That was the finished article. Earlier, just a year into New Order, this was the raw version without the full lyrics. I love the beat of Morris’s drum work and the sound of those early synths ... one of the first danceable synth tracks.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That was the finished article. Earlier, just a year into New Order, this was the raw version without the full lyrics. I love the beat of Morris’s drum work and the sound of those early synths ... one of the first danceable synth tracks.

You will love this as well, both original FAC 63 versions 7 and 12 inch mixed together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here