Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've been a bit missing from this thread recently. My Dad passed away last week - Albion fan but hadn't practiced for many years - the Chelsea bully-boys put him off. Dad did not like Genesis (or Floyd, Dylan, Pistols, Velvets, Talking Heads, Neil Young etc) but this is for him anyway

Very sorry to hear that. It's a beautiful lyric.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Hadn’t listened to this band until @ Flex Your Head posted a song of theirs a couple of days ago - great harmonies - love this cover of Springsteen’s ‘I’m on Fire’. Just hope we are tm now!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I feel I shouldn't be posting on a matchday, but just took delivery of the the new Brandi Carlile CD. I might just post every track over the next few days. I need to spread the word. Here she is channeling her inner Joni Mitchell:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Big Star: The Ballad of El Goodo

A band that never achieved commercial success but who have been cited as an influence by many other artists including REM, Elliott Smith, Primal Scream, Teenage Fanclub, The Replacements....

https://youtu.be/Cn1t6l7UUPc

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I was aware of this lot back in the 70's, but somehow never listened to any of their stuff, lead singer, Gary (Gazzer) Holton, went on to appear in the TV series Auf Wiedersehen Pet. Found this gem on YouTube, never realised how good they were and what a great voice Gary Holton had, strange sort of cross between Bonn Scott and Janis Joplin!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here