Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Can't tell you too much about this. believe it's from 1978, vocals from Debbie Harry

Jeffry Lee Pierce was vocalist/guitarist with The Gun Club. Sadly he died in 1996 (I think). Patricia Morrison was also in the band. I saw them at the New Regent in the early 80s, they were terrific. ( PM is married to Dave Vanian .... useless bit of info)

Debbie Harry was a big influence on JLP, he even bleached his hair :lolol:

Thanks for finding that, never heard it before

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It's hard to emphasise the contribution Slade made to popular music, like Sweet , strip away the Glam Rock image and what you got was a hard rocking tight band that could hold their own with many of the heavyweight 'serious' rock bands of the time. Back in the 70's most fans of Heavy/Prog Rock would turn their noses up if you mentioned that you liked Sweet or Slade, that was until 1980 and The Reading Festival. Slade had been out of the charts and the limelight for four years, someone dropped out and Slade were asked to step in at short notice. They strode onto the stage, having been greeted with a few boos, and opened with this number, the crowd erupted and the rest, as they say, is history as it re-launched their careers with a whole string of new hits and new fans.
And they played at the Goldstone, Legends!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's hard to emphasise the contribution Slade made to popular music, like Sweet , strip away the Glam Rock image and what you got was a hard rocking tight band that could hold their own with many of the heavyweight 'serious' rock bands of the time. Back in the 70's most fans of Heavy/Prog Rock would turn their noses up if you mentioned that you liked Sweet or Slade, that was until 1980 and The Reading Festival. Slade had been out of the charts and the limelight for four years, someone dropped out and Slade were asked to step in at short notice. They strode onto the stage, having been greeted with a few boos, and opened with this number, the crowd erupted and the rest, as they say, is history as it re-launched their careers with a whole string of new hits and new fans.

Saw them at Lanchester (Coventry) Polytechnic around the same time. They were bloody brilliant and Sir Nodsworth was on top form with his crowd banter. One of the best gigs I can remember, a few weeks later I saw Rory Gallagher at the Coventry Empire, thems were the days!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Believe Slade were followed by Def Leppard, who were drowned out by chants of 'We want Slade' about 20 minutes into their set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here