Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I really need to get on with some stuff, but stumbled upon this from one of my favourite fiddle players singing a song written by one of my favourite singers:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As the OP, I reserve the right to change my mind. Seeing John Prine live was on my bucket list and I hoped to tick it off this year. But stumbled across this wonderful performance and realised just what a fine night I missed.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Just found this on music I’d saved. Written after her friend committed suicide - sad but brilliant from Lucinda Williams(with Harry’s ex-wife on backing vocals - not the regular NSC contributor; Harry Chapin)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just found this on music I’d saved. Written after her friend committed suicide - sad but brilliant from Lucinda Williams(with Harry’s ex-wife on backing vocals - not the regular NSC contributor; Harry Chapin)

Not sure if you are having a windup, but Mary Chapin Carpenter was never married to Harry Chapin!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Was worth a try - it was the link to the NSC doyen of music threads I was trying to make! I think they may have been distant cousins possibly - the musician I mean

That's better - she is his 5th cousin. I have all her albums. Mind you, I sometimes wish she would go back to just penning a catchy tune rather than her incredibly literate, clever and worthy songs of the past decade. There is no finer wordsmith, but it has been at the expense of her musicality to the extent that I can't really tell one song from another.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
That's better - she is his 5th cousin. I have all her albums. Mind you, I sometimes wish she would go back to just penning a catchy tune rather than her incredibly literate, clever and worthy songs of the past decade. There is no finer wordsmith, but it has been at the expense of her musicality to the extent that I can't really tell one song from another.

I thought you must be a devotee after you rightly put me in my place. When I wisely separated from my first wife in 2000 I bought a country compilation CD to mark my freedom. It included a few tracks I knew including the very catchy He Thinks He’ll Keep Her. That CD gave me my way in to Brad Paisley et al and a whole new musical genre that I quickly came to love.
I am right in saying that your ‘namesake‘ was married to another brilliant country singer though aren’t I - the talented Allison Moorer - she can really sing too and was also on that CD!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here