Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Pretty sure I’ve posted this before but I still love it and without doubt the best song I’ve heard in the last 24 hours

https://youtu.be/NOD7UsBhNH0

Big fan of Stephen Stills, so I still have the vinyl double album of Manassas. I went to a gig by Kevin Montgomery at The Komedia a few years ago, and who should be playing in his band but Al Perkins from Manassas. Made my night and turns out he's a pretty hot guitar player as well as pedal steel!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Late night shuffle listening on my DAP. I had no idea I even had this in my music collection!

It's bloody brilliant! No idea how it passed me by.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, that’s sending me down a youtube rabbit hole :). (Never heard of them before). Song great post-punk sounding songs, tailor-made for a live performance down one of those legendary small Brighton venues such as the New Regent.

Their last album in 89 is very poppy. This is from it. Matador is another great track. In the early 80s they were a German language Banshees and while good in parts they were a bit ploddy.

I love hearing French, Germans and Italians singing in slightly uncertain English.

But I would, wouldn't I? ??? :wink: :thumbsup:

Edit "You tore down my dream house" is a great lyric.

As is "There's a crack in the house of love". I will paste the link with a x at the end so I'm not accused by THPP of posting two tracks in one day :wink:

Bugger that didn't work Oh well, sodditt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7eFBFWwNvI

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here