Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A young person asked me how we got to hear new music back in the pre-internet days. I replied John Peel

Did your parents love music too?

My Dad, who’s still with us, played R1, vinyls (and 8 tracks in his car) all the time, we grew up listening to music and it shaped us. So grateful about that.

He was too old for John Peel’s music. That was for teenage me and my mates.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Did your parents love music too?

My Dad, who’s still with us, played R1, vinyls (and 8 tracks in his car) all the time, we grew up listening to music and it shaped us. So grateful about that.

He was too old for John Peel’s music. That was for teenage me and my mates.

er .... yes they did. My dad was Irish and there were several musicians his side of the family, plus my brother is a musician.

Since all this covid nightmare I have reverted to my teenage self (mentally) and listen to music for hours at a time every day.
I am also addicted to music magazines, but hey what am I doing! Enough bottox about me :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A young person asked me how we got to hear new music back in the pre-internet days. I replied John Peel

I found a website a few years ago where you could register and download hundreds of hours of Peel programmes recorded originally on 8 track. I suspect the BBC have turned a blind eye. I have barely got through any of it. Most of it is from 90s and noughties but there is plenty of 80s and even some 70s and a couple of Perfumed Garden's from the late 60s.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I found a website a few years ago where you could register and download hundreds of hours of Peel programmes recorded originally on 8 track. I suspect the BBC have turned a blind eye. I have barely got through any of it. Most of it is from 90s and noughties but there is plenty of 80s and even some 70s and a couple of Perfumed Garden's from the late 60s.

There are also two Facebook groups: The John Peel Sessions and The Spirit of John Peel with pretty avid followings.

The Perfumed Garden. Ah. legendary after midnight listening on Wonderful Radio London. If I could bring back one radio show, I think it would be that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So many good musics, today...

This came up on the car iPod. It has a bit in it where you go '****ing hell!' and little hot tears flow :love:. Don't be put off by the vocal treatment. Her voice is genuinely stunning (some live stuff available on youtube).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yef2KNP2ERk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here