Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What's the best song you have heard today? Share it here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ooh, yes! I can tell that going to make Mrs H’s dancing feet twitch (just a wee bit). Nice.

Ha ha! :thumbsup:

(Like your updated strapline - you fiend!)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ooh it’s a corner;10011593 said:
As you said it was jolly H I gave it a whirl. Are you using the term jolly in a relative sense?

And someone needs some Optrex for that eye!

You do encourage me to listen to something different though!

Well, that sounds to me like euphoric trance circa 98, with a slight tweak to the production (the low bass drone and the touch of Halls of Asgard hysteria). I was not expecting that from a JuliAna production on a 'Witch House' channel (I am a big fan of the producer and the genre). So, to me, that was surprisingly jolly. However I am a bit peculiar over music so if you consider it not jolly then that's fine :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
For everyone who's at work today.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Love that song and was checking if Gram Parsons was with the band at the time, which it seems he wasn’t, when I found this article. Seems like this was the song that finally made David Crosby leave, after refusing to sing on it, such was his dislike for it :shrug:

http://www.richieunterberger.com/wordpress/goin-back-david-crosby-roger-mcguinn-and-chris-hillman/

Crosby was fired by McGuinn and Hillman over that, wanting more profile for his own songs and more. He must have been an incredible pain to work with and was up to his antics again with Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Graham Nash and Crosby have not been on speaking terms for many years now, and it looks like they never will be again. Sad. Fantastic harmony singers with egos to match.

By the time The Notorious Byrd Brothers was released, only Chris Hillman and Roger McGuinn were left! Rumours that the horse on the album cover represented Crosby were denied with a great quote from McGuinn that if it had been true, the horse would have been facing the other way round! Mysteries include how such a great album could come out of such turmoil (and there was much, much more) and how on earth Crosby is still with us at 80.

There's loads of documentation about all this out there. This one's pretty good about the time of The Notorious Byrd Brothers.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/equinimity/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here