Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Cheeky feckers at sky

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just got an email to say that my bill for broadband, entertainment package qbox and multi room by£6 but no reduction in sports.

I am stuck with sports for another 5 months and they want a fee for disconnecting sports.

I suppose they have to recoup some of the lack of sports monies where people cancel!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Presuming they are still paying for tv rights and the Albion are benefiting so... just have to see how it balances out over next few weeks / months

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just got an email to say that my bill for broadband, entertainment package qbox and multi room by£6 but no reduction in sports.

I am stuck with sports for another 5 months and they want a fee for disconnecting sports.

I suppose they have to recoup some of the lack of sports monies where people cancel!

Wouldn't worry overmuch. A month from now, with no sport worth watching to watch, they'll be absolutely GAGGING to retain your custom. Always assuming they don't go bust beforehand, that is

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Same here Dave, £6 a month on top of the £136 I pay, soon as my Q box contract is up, they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Just spoke to Sky. Told them I'd like to cancel the sports package until normal sport ( Football Golf etc) resumes. Said it would save me £3 per month.......No point really.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Have you phoned to see to see if you can renegotiate your whole package rather than just Sports? I've redone the whole lot for18m even though they all had different expiry dates. Added Netflix, dropped Kids and reduced the total bill by about £17. Adding Netflix seems to be the kicker. I'm a Sky top level (Black?) VIP customer (just for detail, not boasting), but if you ask to negotiate an upgrade as above and say you weren't happy with what has been offered by the front line, you should be passed to a higher level who can negotiate a better deal?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was thinking about pubs today with Sky and BT, still having to pay their commercial rate subscriptions but without the punters in there to watch the games today. If pubs can't get out of paying that, I can see those that stuck with it being the first to go out of business because of this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was thinking about pubs today with Sky and BT, still having to pay their commercial rate subscriptions but without the punters in there to watch the games today. If pubs can't get out of paying that, I can see those that stuck with it being the first to go out of business because of this.

...be when they are asked to close.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Wow we are in a major crisis and people are moaning about 6 quid a month.

Dave you're minted mate ;)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wouldn't worry overmuch. A month from now, with no sport worth watching to watch, they'll be absolutely GAGGING to retain your custom. Always assuming they don't go bust beforehand, that is

You mean.....topless darts! ??? :drool:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If you have a mobile phone you should get rid of the landline - save yourself a few quid (unless it’s cheaper to have the thing)

The only people I know with a landline are my parents and in-laws.
I dont use land line, all my calls are mobile, but Mrs HS uses land line quite a bit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow we are in a major crisis and people are moaning about 6 quid a month.

Dave you're minted mate ;)

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

If only....pension funds is taking a hit mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here