Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 152223242526 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I need advice from the good people of NSC...

I got a job for my friend at my company. He handed in his notice with his employer on the 3rd March to start at my company on the 6th of April. Unfortunately my company had to rescind the offer in this current climate however his current company won't reject his resignation and keep him on. So as things stand tomorrow is his last day and then he will be unemployed...

I have been reading the government site and it seems to state that if you were on the payroll with this company on the 28th Feb you will be covered for furlough even if you handed your notice in, but i also see that it says "this only applies if you and your employer agree"... This company of his are real gits and even though it won't cost them anything to furlough him they won't. Does my friend have a case?

Thanks

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SK1NT View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have been reading the government site and it seems to state that if you were on the payroll with this company on the 28th Feb you will be covered for furlough even if you handed your notice in, but i also see that it says "this only applies if you and your employer agree"... This company of his are real gits and even though it won't cost them anything to furlough him they won't. Does my friend have a case?

Thanks
      Unfortunately his old employer needs to agree to this - in essence they need to pay him out of their pocket for a couple of months and then likely get the furlough payments back June onwards. Also additional overhead / admin for them so really is down to them. No way he can convince them?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

I got a job for my friend at my company. He handed in his notice with his employer on the 3rd March to start at my company on the 6th of April. Unfortunately my company had to rescind the offer in this current climate however his current company won't reject his resignation and keep him on. So as things stand tomorrow is his last day and then he will be unemployed...

Thanks
      On the face of it, no unfortunately. But as I keep saying, every case is different and it might depend on any contract signed. I expect that he is screwed though as it will be at their discretion.
      "I never mentioned horses!"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Unfortunately his old employer needs to agree to this - in essence they need to pay him out of their pocket for a couple of months and then likely get the furlough payments back June onwards. Also additional overhead / admin for them so really is down to them. No way he can convince them?

Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      On the face of it, no unfortunately. But as I keep saying, every case is different and it might depend on any contract signed. I expect that he is screwed though as it will be at their discretion.

Thanks for the replies guys. I feared that this maybe the case. Unfortunately i do not think he will be able to convince them. They really were pissed off he handed his notice in plus this is an awful, awful company. Sounds like he's screwed then
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks for the replies guys. I feared that this maybe the case. Unfortunately i do not think he will be able to convince them. They really were pissed off he handed his notice in plus this is an awful, awful company. Sounds like he's screwed then
      If they really won't budge - get him to stick a fair and polite negative review on the company on Glassdoor
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!

Thanks
      Sadly, no.

If the previous employers don't have the goodwill to help, then the only option is to apply for universal credit.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      If they really won't budge - get him to stick a fair and polite negative review on the company on Glassdoor
      Very good point. This company was getting a lot of negative glassdoor reviews that HR was making them up.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy Seagull View Post
      Professional gambler who relies on horse racing for a living which mainly means getting cash down in shops. I'm surprised, and pleased, that racing is still going ahead but am slightly wary of travelling to London to get the cash on at the moment. Racing maybe able to go ahead for a while behind closed doors which will help but at some stage the betting shops will be shut down I guess which will mean relying on Betfair as have no access to other accounts and any I can use just get shut within months.

We have no mortgage and the Mrs has a couple of small pensions, also the last year has been the best I've ever had so we can carry on living for at least a few years without any further earnings. Cheltenham last week was a bonanza which will cover at least five months bills, handily.

Bit of a worry but can't do anything about so wont be worrying too much about it. More concerned about the parents catching the virus than worrying about money at the moment.
      Horse racing back on Monday, thank Christ for that Hopefully the betting shops will be open from the 15th in time for Royal Ascot, which will be much improved this year as there will be no fashion shite getting in the way of the racing.

Hope others can all start working soon enough, or have already.
      Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      Argghhhhhhh.... gotta ventilate some frustration.

With Sweden being the odd bird in the cage a lot of countries ban travellers from Sweden, so all the travel companies are even more ****ed here than in most countries.

These used to be my core income. They loved my writing and I did indeed like writing about different locations and attractions and whatnot.

I got my last student loan on May 25th and there's not one single company that need my services. My income is £0. I cant even seek social benefits, because I'm renting my apartment black and here you need to "officially" live where you seek social benefits, so thats out of the question unless I move home to my mother which is no alternative.

My economy has always been so-so and heavily fluctuating but I've never been in this type of crisis before. I eat one pack of noodles every day and by night I go out to collect nice cigarette butts to smoke.

I'm literally starving and have zero energy. The job market is dead. I havent showered for a week and I've lost the key to the tvättstuga (the apartment block laundry room). I'm dirty, poor and hungry.

**** this virus and **** me for not building a more stable income/life.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy Seagull View Post
      Horse racing back on Monday, thank Christ for that Hopefully the betting shops will be open from the 15th in time for Royal Ascot, which will be much improved this year as there will be no fashion shite getting in the way of the racing.

Hope others can all start working soon enough, or have already.
      The bookies have been desperate to get something to bet on back in the news. I fully expect many desperate people trying to gamble their way out of debt, only inevitably frittering away what little they have. To be honest, Horse Racing only exists because it exists.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015