Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Before you condemn the whole country, whilst there are clearly some selfish gits I think some can be put down to everyone just spending a little more than normal. I probably spent 10% more than normal in Morrisons yesterday, it's almost subconscious. If everyone does the same then that will have an effect.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Does it count as stockpiling if I've had a pantry for two years and I've always kept it well stocked with the essentials?
First time I've heard the word pantry in a while. Reminded me of...

What's the difference between fanny cradock and a cross country run?

One's a pant in the country

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Before you condemn the whole country, whilst there are clearly some selfish gits I think some can be put down to everyone just spending a little more than normal. I probably spent 10% more than normal in Morrisons yesterday, it's almost subconscious. If everyone does the same then that will have an effect.
Queue Jordan Seagull and his soiled arse for some heavy duty signalling!!

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Angry people, too ****ing right.

My wife has cancer and falls into the “high at risk” category - can she get hand sanitiser, no she ****ing can’t, can she get ear pieces for the thermometer that she needs to take her temperature, yes, at 4 times the price they were 2 weeks ago. Can she get Paracetemol for the pain she’s in, no she can’t as the locusts have eaten them all.

Now tell me I’m a virtue signaller...!

**** you and your I’m alright Jack attitude...

Nice. You don’t need hand sanitizer. It is not the only way to keep germs away. I also do not have any hand sanitizer but don’t feel the need to tell people to F off. Good luck to you and your wife.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe those who have an issue with refugees and people from war torn regions looking for a better life might consider how folk in the UK are panicking over bog roll.....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nice. You don’t need hand sanitizer. It is not the only way to keep germs away. I also do not have any hand sanitizer but don’t feel the need to tell people to F off. Good luck to you and your wife.

No we don't need hand sanitizer, nor do all the other dip shits that have squirreled it away!

We will just stay indoors for the next 4 months as per the new advice..

Thanks for your understanding of my anger and frustration!

I'm sorry you found my language offensive, probably just as I found your language regarding virtue signalling offensive. My wife hasn't slept the last two nights worrying. It now seems if the cancer doesn't get her the virus will, in her head.

But others have their pasta and bog rolls, so all is good!

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What a load of old bolloxs. Supermarkets and supply chains are set up as a 'just in time' system. I'm not sure why they should change it because of selfish idiots like you. If everyone shopped normally then there would be enough to go round. Unfortunately some people are too pig ignorant to understand that.

Perhaps you are ignorant of the debate currently being had in the business world about the folly of just in time supply chains. They have been designed to maximize short term profits and bolster share prices in the obsession with productivity. I have been taking part in that debate. I am assuming you have not.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/getting-caught-short-rethinking-supply-chain-risk-brendon-booth

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

A 'little more' the supply chain could cope with and alter for in a few days. It's the mass buying that's the issue. Sainsburys West Hove yesterday was full of panic buyers.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Perhaps you are ignorant of the debate currently being had in the business world about the folly of just in time supply chains. They have been designed to maximize short term profits and bolster share prices in the obsession with productivity. I have been taking part in that debate. I am assuming you have not.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/getting-caught-short-rethinking-supply-chain-risk-brendon-booth

Yet, knowing how the supply chain works, you have stockpiled and support that action. Clearly you don't give a toss about other people.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A 'little more' the supply chain could cope with and alter for in a few days. It's the mass buying that's the issue. Sainsburys West Hove yesterday was full of panic buyers.
OK I stand corrected! Was speaking to the lady on the checkout about the shortage of pasta - she had no idea it came from Italy.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I have 5L of two stroke oil for my scooters, and bought another bass guitar, and a few sets of strings, and a few new shirts, just in case.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yet, knowing how the supply chain works, you have stockpiled and support that action. Clearly you don't give a toss about other people.

I have bought two weeks extra supplies of non perishable food. I buy more than that every Christmas and Easter. What I have bought is woefully insufficient if the country enters lockdown and my wife and I contract the virus. Clearly you just enjoy insulting people.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I accidentally bought loads of pasta through the month of February.

For some strange reason I kept buying a pack of pasta shells/twists, then the next week thinking 'i don't think we have any tagliatelle' and so on.

We eat a lot of pasta, so I didn't think anything of it.
What we haven't got is anything to eat with the pasta. :lol: :facepalm:

I tend to buy what Sainsburys give me Nectar points for each week, and for the last couple of months it has been pasta, leeks and sausages, so we also have quite a bit of pasta. But this maybe implies they have a lot of excess pasta that they need to shift.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I have 5L of two stroke oil for my scooters, and bought another bass guitar, and a few sets of strings, and a few new shirts, just in case.

???

Only time I have ever seen a spare Bass string used, was to tie the exhaust back on when it fell off the van

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Scum, pure and simply scum!

Have a look on eBay and see how much hand sanitiser is selling for.

The hospital where my wife has just had her chemotherapy has a massive problem, whereby members of the public have been coming in and filling up empty bottles with the hand sanitiser provided as you walk into the hospital. They have had to position security at the entrances to prevent people taking the pi$$...

This **** you I’m alright mentality is really showing its head now...

Naively, I hadn’t thought that some people might do this until you said. Selfishness at its worst.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I tend to buy what Sainsburys give me Nectar points for each week, and for the last couple of months it has been pasta, leeks and sausages, so we also have quite a bit of pasta. But this maybe implies they have a lot of excess pasta that they need to shift.

So Sainsbury's have created the panic buying to get rid of an excess of pasta :lol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have a month or so of edibles at home because I am a tight git and when things are on offer I buy a couple extra and work my way through them. Morrisons had GF pasta for 50p a bag a while back and as my son is coeliac I bought half a dozen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here