Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
We started about 3/4 weeks ago, plugged in a new freezer in the shed and stocked up on frozen meals from Iceland. Been buying an extra one or two loads of bread each day from the Tesco’s over the road, got a few more extra large packs of toilet rolls due to the amount of coughing the kids are doing, advice is to cough into a tissue then bin it. Stocked up on pasta, tins, etc etc. Why wouldn’t we? Have 3 young children, 2 with cf, we made the decision early as it was obvious to anyone what was going to happen, glad we did now, have been on ‘lockdown’ now for a week. The panic buying is because people have been to slow to realise what was going to happen. It was only common sense.

Tesco, Fred, just ‘Tesco’

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So you don't think it's selfish to buy extra thus depriving other people ( including food banks ) of the opportunity to have supplies too ?

We're down to our last 3 toilet rolls in a house of 5 because I couldn't get any yesterday. Personally I'd suggest that's because of selfish w@nkers.

And nothing to do with you failing to foresee what’s about to happen ? There are things we cannot buy so we have bought replacements instead but we don’t feel the need to insult people. This thread is just another excuse for angry, abusive virtue signallers to indulge themselves in angry abusive virtue signaling. I’m sure when this is all over these character traits will be return to the Brexit thread.
Perhaps you should be asking why it is that shops up here in Norfolk are still reasonably well stocked despite people stocking up, whereas down your way it is not working.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Exactly. Not sure they will listen though. This is the new virtue signaling witch-hunt thread. NSC always has to have at least one on the go at any one time.

Sorry, there is a massive difference between being pragmatic and having a few extra of what you need, and raiding shops like a plague of locusts - then selling on on eBay and Amazon at massively inflated prices.

Pull up the ladder, I’m fine and **** you poor, old and sick people!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Have bought more lentils etc. Not stockpiling but cupboards more full now than we normally have them. Purely down to shops being stripped of goods made us change from the bare minimum approach.

I bought a pack of toilet rolls last Monday, just the one as the shelves were reasonably full. Now there's none anywhere so I kind of regret that a little now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry, there is a massive difference between being pragmatic and having a few extra of what you need, and raiding shops like a plague of locusts - then selling on on eBay and Amazon at massively inflated prices.

Pull up the ladder, I’m fine and **** you poor, old and sick people!

Of course there is. However you and others have not been making that distinction. Reselling on EBay should be illegal. No dispute about that. However, there have been posts on NSC condemning families for having full shopping trolleys. When people are finding a new outlet for their anger issues they don’t know the extent to which people are stocking up. My wife and I stock up more in advance of Christmas than we are now. Every year we buy way more food than we need for weeks and weeks and barely go out in January. Perhaps supermarkets should have foreseen the surge in demand weeks ago and had stock available like they do every Christmas. We certainly foresaw it. When you/others are condemning people for their choices perhaps you should not assume that those choices involve reselling on EBay.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The supermarkets could have nipped this in the bud by imposing sensible limits on certain goods eatlydoors, instead of being happy to take the selfish w@nkers money

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
And nothing to do with you failing to foresee what’s about to happen ? There are things we cannot buy so we have bought replacements instead but we don’t feel the need to insult people. This thread is just another excuse for angry, abusive virtue signallers to indulge themselves in angry abusive virtue signaling. I’m sure when this is all over these character traits will be return to the Brexit thread.
Perhaps you should be asking why it is that shops up here in Norfolk are still reasonably well stocked despite people stocking up, whereas down your way it is not working.

Angry people, too ****ing right.

My wife has cancer and falls into the “high at risk” category - can she get hand sanitiser, no she ****ing can’t, can she get ear pieces for the thermometer that she needs to take her temperature, yes, at 4 times the price they were 2 weeks ago. Can she get Paracetemol for the pain she’s in, no she can’t as the locusts have eaten them all.

Now tell me I’m a virtue signaller...!

**** you and your I’m alright Jack attitude...

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Some of the selfishness on this thread is pretty staggering. Why bother to come on here and justify stockpiling by saying ‘well it makes sense because now I have what I need for an extended period of time’. Well, no shit Sherlock.

Clearly the point is that as society adjusts over the next few weeks and perhaps months, we need to protect more vulnerable people. The only way to do that food/supplies wise is by living well within our means. Even if that means you run out of things sometimes. Or have to make do without some of the things you’re used to. It won’t be forever, or even for long.

If that makes me - an anti-PC snowflake-hating centre-right mid-20s guy - a ‘virtue signaller’ then so be it.

P.s. I have two rolls of loo roll left but won’t be buying any more yet. How heroic!

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Have bought more lentils etc. Not stockpiling but cupboards more full now than we normally have them. Purely down to shops being stripped of goods made us change from the bare minimum approach.

I bought a pack of toilet rolls last Monday, just the one as the shelves were reasonably full. Now there's none anywhere so I kind of regret that a little now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

A perfect example of the stockpiling mentality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The supermarkets could have nipped this in the bud by imposing sensible limits on certain goods eatlydoors, instead of being happy to take the selfish w@nkers money

Even now people are making ‘repeat visits’ to get round the limit

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Angry people, too ****ing right.

My wife has cancer and falls into the “high at risk” category - can she get hand sanitiser, no she ****ing can’t, can she get ear pieces for the thermometer that she needs to take her temperature, yes, at 4 times the price they were 2 weeks ago. Can she get Paracetemol for the pain she’s in, no she can’t as the locusts have eaten them all.

Now tell me I’m a virtue signaller...!

**** you and your I’m alright Jack attitude...

All the best mate.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is the media partly to blame though for scaremongering, albeit possibly inadvertantly or perhaps the action that's been taken in other countries like Italy? People have stockpiled instead of being rational in case the country goes on lockdown. But even on lockdown essentials would still be available with more than enough for everybody as usual.

I think as soon as stockpiling started happening the government should have jumped on it and banned it.
The media is to blame for pretty much EVERYTHING! They're like flies around shit

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tesco yesterday had no bogroll, no dry pasta, no hand sanitiser, no tinned tomatoes or tomato puree, very lttle other tinned stuff and a lot of the fresh fruit and veg was low/empty. Later went into Waitrose and it was the same. Some people must now have months worth of stuff hoarded.

Read in the press yesterday the Uk is a net exporter of bogroll - there is no chance of the country running out of it [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

What a load of old bolloxs. Supermarkets and supply chains are set up as a 'just in time' system. I'm not sure why they should change it because of selfish idiots like you. If everyone shopped normally then there would be enough to go round. Unfortunately some people are too pig ignorant to understand that.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People are selfish, society is selfish, our leaders are selfish. For every decent person theres 10 selfish to follow

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Haven’t read whole thread but a very selfish aspect of this is people booking deliveries when they are able to go themselves.

All the supermarket delivery slots should be left available for older and more vulnerable people. There are, apparently, currently no delivery slots available.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Skint so no choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here