Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Happy To Admit To Panic Buying/Stockpiling?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just seen panic buyers referred to as "pasta nonces" on Twitter.

Added to vocabulary.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The crazy thing is the Tesco where I tend to do our shopping - Durrington - has had mountains of pasta on clearance price for months now.

It’s all the stuff that they clearly sourced from Italy - as it’s all weird and wonderful brands they don’t normally sell - when the last panic buy was in full swing.

Regular stock lines returned to normal and they’ve been trying to get rid of the other stuff ever since. I think I got 509g of penne for about 25p last week. I expect it will be a different story when I do the shop this week.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The crazy thing is the Tesco where I tend to do our shopping - Durrington - has had mountains of pasta on clearance price for months now.

It’s all the stuff that they clearly sourced from Italy - as it’s all weird and wonderful brands they don’t normally sell - when the last panic buy was in full swing.

Regular stock lines returned to normal and they’ve been trying to get rid of the other stuff ever since. I think I got 509g of penne for about 25p last week. I expect it will be a different story when I do the shop this week.

As Mrs AR has an intolerance to wheat and gluten, pasta for her was hard to get hold of, even now it's started to go back to when all this stockpiling bollox started.
M&S is the only decent place near us, where free from pasta isn't an endangered species :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just back from my usual weekl;y shop at Tesco Durrington.

Pasta shelves pretty sparse, although amusingly the leftovers from Panic Buy #1 I mentioned previously, were still in quite good supply reduced on the first aisle in the store.

Flour was all but gone, eggs also and bog roll is clearlyvery much in vogue again. I'll confess that although we don't need any this week, we would next week, so I bought a single pack of 9 rolls..

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just back from my usual weekl;y shop at Tesco Durrington.

Pasta shelves pretty sparse, although amusingly the leftovers from Panic Buy #1 I mentioned previously, were still in quite good supply reduced on the first aisle in the store.

Flour was all but gone, eggs also and bog roll is clearly Very much in vogue again. I'll confess that although we don't need any this week, we would next week, so I bought a single pack of 9 rolls..

This was the loo roll isle Tesco holmbush Tuesday and much busier than normal ....totally daft

9A7E4502-5276-4C3B-AB60-D78A8CF31E9B.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had to mix with the ghastly council estate gammons in Asda today. Shelves nearly bereft of anything that one could conceivably wipe the rim of one’s muck-hole with. There were some packs of four left. Only a few and rather base in design. Only two-ply, quite grainy in texture and void of any perfumes or balms.

I decided, or rather circumstance decided for me, that I would buy some.
I only have three rolls of Waitrose aloe infused, three-ply, cushioned left in the master bathroom and some untested, peach coloured stuff in a couple of the other WC's and then im afraid it’s into the badlands. Every quivering spud-hole for itself. My poor dinner dumper won’t know what’s happening.
I’ve placed a roll of it on the shelf by the thunder box so I can subliminally get used to the idea. Looks like I could sand down a brick with it.
No wonder poor people always look so defeated.
I did consider opting for some wet-wipes but that’s like being fingered by a ghost, so I quickly passed by those.
Bad timing as well. I’ve recently begun courting a young lady, things might be moving to the physicals soon. My fear is, before an evening of romance she’ll pop to the en-suite, use these grit strips and think me a heathen. Or worse still, come to the conclusion if my plop-hopper can handle this grade of toilet roll that it’s a no holds barred, iron plated, ram-hole that can take anything she cares to dish out.
What a world.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Had to mix with the ghastly council estate gammons in Asda today. Shelves nearly bereft of anything that one could conceivably wipe the rim of one’s muck-hole with. There were some packs of four left. Only a few and rather base in design. Only two-ply, quite grainy in texture and void of any perfumes or balms.

I decided, or rather circumstance decided for me, that I would buy some.
I only have three rolls of Waitrose aloe infused, three-ply, cushioned left and then it’s into the badlands. My poor dinner dumper won’t know what’s happening.
I’ve placed a roll of it on the shelf by the thunder box so I can subliminally get used to the idea. Looks like I could sand down a brick with it.
No wonder poor people always look so defeated.
I did consider opting for some wet-wipes but that’s like being fingered by a ghost, so I quickly passed by those.
Bad timing as well. I’ve recently begun courting a young lady, things might be moving to the physicals soon. My fear is, before an evening of romance she’ll pop to the en-suite, use these grit strips and think me a heathen. Or worse still, come to the conclusion if my plop-hopper can handle this grade of toilet roll that it’s a no holds barred ram-hole that can take anything she cares to dish out.
What a world.

Must be extremely sad living alone in a little bedsit pretending to be funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One good thing about the thicko's stockpiling is that they tend to be the type that eat frozen brown shapes, leaving all the nice fresh produce for more discerning shoppers. Like me. I do have a few packs of moules in a white wine sauce that I picked up in Lidl back in March stored in the chest freeer in the outhouse. Do we think they'll still be okay? or should I pop them in the food bank box outside the vicarage?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As per lockdown, your small local independent shops are your friend here. You might have to take a small hit on the pricing, but that will be more than offset by the satisfaction of swerving the stockpilers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here