Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Surprised there's no Halifax v Ebbsfleet thread

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Did you go to AFC Fylde yesterday mate?

Notts County won again - 4-0 at home to Eastleigh. They're in red hot form. Nearly 5,000 fans there with the threat of Covid-19. That's very impressive. Around an average League One attendance.
Yes i attended ,last game i and anyone else will see for a while . Really fear for smaller Clubs now with no income and players on contracts till July 1st.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Yes i attended ,last game i and anyone else will see for a while . Really fear for smaller Clubs now with no income and players on contracts till July 1st.

I know this is small beer compared with the general thrust of the news at the moment, but one glimmer of hope is that after all this is over, the current status quo in football might have changed irrevocably. Will the current spending power of the multi-national clubs, the divide between rich and poor clubs, the obscene salaries etc be able to survive the inevitable global recession that is going to follow ?

The financial implications at almost all levels will be immense (I'm thinking of the impact on the big broadcasters like Sky and BT and therefore on the money coming through to the elite clubs) I can see a re-birth of many medium to small clubs with the supporters having much more control.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I know this is small beer compared with the general thrust of the news at the moment, but one glimmer of hope is that after all this is over, the current status quo in football might have changed irrevocably. Will the current spending power of the multi-national clubs, the divide between rich and poor clubs, the obscene salaries etc be able to survive the inevitable global recession that is going to follow ?

The financial implications at almost all levels will be immense (I'm thinking of the impact on the big broadcasters like Sky and BT and therefore on the money coming through to the elite clubs) I can see a re-birth of many medium to small clubs with the supporters having much more control.

It's good to have rays of hope!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here