Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Easyjet Now Allowing Changes In Date/Destination Free Of Charge

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As of yesterday, Easyjet are letting customers change the date/destination of their flight free of admin charge. Only thing you pay is the difference if your changed flight is more expensive.

Realise this info might not be of much use to some, but might give some others a more useful option than just binning their ticket

'We understand the uncertainty many customers may be facing and so any easyJet customers who wish to change their travel plans can now transfer their flights to alternative dates and/or an alternative destination without a change fee. If the new fare is higher customers would only be required to pay the fare difference. This waiver applies to both existing and new bookings until further notice. Customers can make changes to their booking online via the Manage Bookings section on easyJet.com or on the mobile app. Changes must be made at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time, in line with our standard terms and conditions.'

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Wish Tui would do something similar. Supposed to be taking grand kids to Rhodes at Easter and there attitude is carry on ,when the rest of the world are shutting down there borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wish Tui would do something similar. Supposed to be taking grand kids to Rhodes at Easter and there attitude is carry on ,when the rest of the world are shutting down there borders.

I guess the two things working in your favour here are a) TUI will be desperate to keep sending people on holiday and b) the Greek islands only have a short tourist season in which to make their money for the year

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I guess the two things working in your favour here are a) TUI will be desperate to keep sending people on holiday and b) the Greek islands only have a short tourist season in which to make their money for the year

Problems are that daughter-in-law Is scared shitless about letting kids go with us for obvious reasons so no help with that from Tui. As a taxi driver who is losing work hand over fist I know first hand how scared everyone is and given the choice don’t won’t to go .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wish Tui would do something similar. Supposed to be taking grand kids to Rhodes at Easter and there attitude is carry on ,when the rest of the world are shutting their borders

TUI are crossing the t’s, dotting the i’s and **** u in the middle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Problems are that daughter-in-law Is scared shitless about letting kids go with us for obvious reasons so no help with that from Tui. As a taxi driver who is losing work hand over fist I know first hand how scared everyone is and given the choice don’t won’t to go .

I'd be tempted to hang fire on any decision until the very last moment as these things are changing almost on an hourly basis. All I'd say is that Rhodes will have been relatively closed to international tourism for the past six months, and you're far more likely to catch something at your UK airport. And even then the overwhelming chances are you won't. Hope you get away and have a fantastic holiday! Cheers

scooter1

How soon is now?
We’re supposed to be going to Barcelona on Friday, and whilst the easyJet offer is a nice gesture you can only change flights until mid October as the winter schedule is not out yet. Our reason for the trip was to take my son to a game, do the stadium tour etc but that’s all been canned. If flights are still going then we have to go, or lose the money, as the accommodation was on a no refund/change basis. It could be a ghost town, with movement restrictions in place too. But until the FCO state that it’s not recommended to travel to that area of Spain, we cannot start a claim on our travel insurance and therefore may as we’ll go for it

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

I’d sit if you can for a bit. Sounds like they not being helpful yet and I suspect tourism companies will hold on as long as possible to limit losses as much as possible. The picture of the virus is changing so quickly at the moment there is still every potential closer to the time that you will be able to get your money back or less likely but it maybe safer to travel by then.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Everyone should just sit tight. Don’t take proactive offers of change etc.

For those in the next few weeks it’s extremely likely flights will be cancelled and then you’ll be eligible for full refunds

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We’re supposed to be going to Barcelona on Friday, and whilst the easyJet offer is a nice gesture you can only change flights until mid October as the winter schedule is not out yet. Our reason for the trip was to take my son to a game, do the stadium tour etc but that’s all been canned. If flights are still going then we have to go, or lose the money, as the accommodation was on a no refund/change basis. It could be a ghost town, with movement restrictions in place too. But until the FCO state that it’s not recommended to travel to that area of Spain, we cannot start a claim on our travel insurance and therefore may as we’ll go for it

I'm in Spain ATM and they have closed all monuments, museums, galleries and the like round here (almeria area). They've also closed playgrounds.
The government has declared a "State of Alarm" giving them power to stop free movement and other things.
The bloke in the bar by us reckons they will soon close all the bars, cafes and shops (except food shops and chemists). Partly they are blaming the DFMs (Down From Madrids); There's a lot of holiday homes here and with the schools shut and people being told to WFH, loads are heading for thier holiday homes, potentially spreading the virus.
A pal of mine lives near Benidorm and they are in lockdown now, nothing open (except the aforementioned food and chemist shops).
It's changing fast though so there might be different advice monday.
Personally if I wasn't already here, I would bin the trip, paid for or not.

check out https://www.thelocal.es/ - it's usually paywalled but thier corona info is free

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007

All Jet2 flights to mainland Spain and the Canary Islands have been cancelled with immediate effect, the British low-cost airline has announced. It operates flights from nine UK airports.

On Friday Spain declared a national emergency, closings bars, shops and restaurants.

"We are contacting our customers who are currently in these destinations, and who are due to travel, to advise them of their options, so we urge customers not to call us," the company said in a statement.

Flight tracking website Flight Radar 24 shows seven planes turning around mid-air to return to Britain

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Good news from EasyJet. I was advised by my doctor not to go on holiday.....I’m an oldun with underlying health problems......he considered going through airports etc to pose a problem. Gave me a sick note, too. But the insurance co. I was with rejected my claim because the FCO has not declared my destination unsafe. EasyJet would allow me for a fee to change my flights, but since I didn’t want to travel until November I couldn’t change my flights to then because it’s not on their schedule yet. I COULD, however, change to a flight within the current schedule, then change again once the new schedules were published...for DOUBLE the fee! This would have been close to £300 for two adults.

Fortunately I waited a bit, et voila! Free changes. Excellent!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have a holiday booked to go away to Marrakech with my girlfriend in late April, she wants to change everything now but from what I can tell Morocco have implemented screening at all of their airports since the first case and all 9 cases reported in the country are from travelers coming back from France or Spain. I feel like Marrakech is safer than going out for a day trip to London at the moment to be honest but I suppose the worry is being ill when you get there.

The only option with Easyjet is to move it to September which will be a bit warm at least until they release their winter itinerary.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All very well if you have room to manoeuvre which sadly we have not given Mrs Hut works in a school.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
We have decided to change our flight and come home 10 days early. Shame but even with sunshine it gets a bit boring if everything is shut.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I'd be tempted to hang fire on any decision until the very last moment as these things are changing almost on an hourly basis. All I'd say is that Rhodes will have been relatively closed to international tourism for the past six months, and you're far more likely to catch something at your UK airport. And even then the overwhelming chances are you won't. Hope you get away and have a fantastic holiday! Cheers

Do intend to do nothing as by then hopefully all travel will be shut down . As said almost certain daughter-in-law won’t allow grand kids to travel and to be honest wouldn’t want the extra stress and worry . Thanx and stay safe yourself .

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Easyjet Holidays have just cancelled a friend's holiday to Tenerife going on Tuesday.

Full refund happening in a few working days.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We have decided to change our flight and come home 10 days early. Shame but even with sunshine it gets a bit boring if everything is shut.

My 79 year old Dad and his partner are currently in Nerja. They went out for the day and then had to come back to their apartment and have just booked brand new flights with EasyJet to come back Tuesday to Bristol, as they live that way now and that was the first flight they could get. £500 for a pair of one way tickets on a budget airline though. They wont be going on holiday again for a bit in fairness.

I was told by him on the phone when we spoke, that a lot of American and Canadians are buying up everything they can, from any airport they can, to get back home via the UK or Ireland, which has restricted availability on all flights everywhere.

scooter1

How soon is now?
My 79 year old Dad and his partner are currently in Nerja. They went out for the day and then had to come back to their apartment and have just booked brand new flights with EasyJet to come back Tuesday to Bristol, as they live that way now and that was the first flight they could get. £500 for a pair of one way tickets on a budget airline though. They wont be going on holiday again for a bit in fairness.

I was told by him on the phone when we spoke, that a lot of American and Canadians are buying up everything they can, from any airport they can, to get back home via the UK or Ireland, which has restricted availability on all flights everywhere.

And as of 5am Tuesday, there will be no flights to the USA from the UK either

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here