Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Piglets Pantry

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I also thought the club outsourced the catering, so the profit and loss belonged to the catering company. Although that was a few years ago, so obviously could have changed.

Think you’re right, the catering company is the supplier, not that I think (believe) they will give a toss about piglets, they want pukka pies in, shite ingredients, and 200%+ mark up.

Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like a great idea, thank you for the support!

Just spoke to Jo, we are looking at opening times of 8:30am - 5:30pm for next week.

If you are able to send any order requests to sales@pigletspantry.co.uk beforehand that would be great as we can let you know if we have everything in stock!

Order Sent!

Jul 7, 2003
Picked my order up at lunchtime - next person through the door sits about 10 seat along from me at the Amex.

Had a sausage roll for my lunch - very good. If only they sold them in the WSU...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Due to the postponement of today’s game v Arsenal, Piglets Pantry needs to sell more of its delicious pies and rolls.

They are in the process of creating an online ordering system, but you can collect from their premises (in Willowbrook Road, Worthing?) in the meantime.

Order in advance (sales@pigletspantry.co.uk), so they can get it ready for you.

The following are available:

Steak & Harveys
Chicken
Hunters Chicken
Spring Veg
Vegan Rolls
Sausage Rolls

Got that online ordering service up and running yet, complete with delivery charges?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A strange thing, it wasn't all that long ago, infact right up until the Arsenal postponement and Pukka starting to sell direct, that customers started to give them praise again.

They were widely lauded as being a fantastic productwheh they wereunveiledupon the opening ofthe Amex in 2011, but in recent years many people were ofthe opinion that they weren't nearly as good as they were.

I thoughhave always been a fan, particularly of the chicken, gammon, and leek.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

There are some complete nutjobs in the comments section of that article.

One suggesting that the surplus pies should be "donated"! This is effectively a cottage industry; they can't be giving the pies away whilst there are folk prepared to buy them.

And one certifiable lunatic even suggesting that Pukka pies *spit* are better quality and better value.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

No change there then. Argus Comments section has it's own whole eco-system of nutters, forever trying to score petty points over their fellow nutters. Pretty crappy state of affairs really, and one that the Argus should really be seriously looking to close down

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We all had Piglets pies and mash for dinner last night, and what a joy it was.

Bozza junior wanted the complete football experience so requested his be placed back in the Piglets paper bag once it had been heated. I was happy to oblige.

I can't say we never have pies for dinner at home, but my guess is was at least 3 or 4 years since we last did, whereas now I can see it being a weekly thing. That we get to support the lovely folk at Piglets makes it all the better.

I know they've had Sky Sports today filming them, so I hope that also gives their profile a boost.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

One suggesting that the surplus pies should be "donated"! This is effectively a cottage industry; they can't be giving the pies away whilst there are folk prepared to buy them.

And one certifiable lunatic even suggesting that Pukka pies *spit* are better quality and better value.

When I posted that link, I realised it was also a shortcut to comments from the small army of Argus trolls and bitches, with a prick or two likely wishing ill on the bakery. I resisted having a look!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No change there then. Argus Comments section has it's own whole eco-system of nutters, forever trying to score petty points over their fellow nutters. Pretty crappy state of affairs really, and one that the Argus should really be seriously looking to close down

The Argus happily accepts their presence. With a minute readership, desperate for any clickbait.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Bozza junior wanted the complete football experience so requested his be placed back in the Piglets paper bag once it had been heated. I was happy to oblige.

I can't say we never have pies for dinner at home, but my guess is was at least 3 or 4 years since we last did, whereas now I can see it being a weekly thing. That we get to support the lovely folk at Piglets makes it all the better.

I know they've had Sky Sports today filming them, so I hope that also gives their profile a boost.

Collecting my order on Thursday, very happy to support Piglet’s.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'm finding it harder and harder to resist ordering, once the online system is in place I'll find it impossible.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Had a trip over to Lancing earlier. Have mainly had sausage rolls this season but a beautiful Steak & Harvey’s Ale was brilliant for dinner tonight. Will try the sausage roll for lunch tomorrow. Had to watch highlights on YouTube of Brighton beating Arsenal to get me totally in synch and we aren’t going down. UTA

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

It’s a funny thing as we donate at least once a year (mainly near charismas) to homeless charities in Worthing as Jo will always try to give back where possible. This isn’t something you’d see (one or two posts at best) about us doing this as you don’t do a good deed for it to be seen as a marketing ploy. We see it as doing good deeds because it’s the right thing to do.

I’m not sure if I’ve now gone against my word by pointing this out!

Anyway let’s not focus on the bad in people, look at the work of NSC and how much custom that had brought us in the last week, hopefully we will come out stronger to give back to NSC community in the future.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I still feel guilty for not having the Vegan rolls ready!

You won’t be glad to know that we have these in stock now...

Thank you for the support this week, it doesn’t go unnoticed. I have been working until 12 at night the last two evenings to keep on top of the demand!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here