Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The club doing the right thing (as usual)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1238526442033549313[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice gestures. Good on the club.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s a lot of food, well done.

In other news, Crystal Palace donated the food from their corporate hut, to a dribbling old guy hanging around their training ground. A surprised Roy couldn’t contain his delight ..... or his dentures.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By 'club', I assume we mean Tony Bloom.

I think that's a fair assumption, unless there was an emergency board meeting ? You can dress it up as you like but if someone " owns " the club despite the various layers of management designed to make it seem an organisation, they can make swift decisions be they good or bad. No point sitting on 15,000 assorted pies while they try to pull a quorum together as the clock ticks down on their sell by date. Bet they didn't give the beer away though ?:whistle:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think that's a fair assumption, unless there was an emergency board meeting ? You can dress it up as you like but if someone " owns " the club despite the various layers of management designed to make it seem an organisation, they can make swift decisions be they good or bad. No point sitting on 15,000 assorted pies while they try to pull a quorum together as the clock ticks down on their sell by date. Bet they didn't give the beer away though ?:whistle:

The Harveys might be going to waste as they don’t use bright

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m not so sure. Quite possible that the idea for the food came from one of the employees and was rubber-stamped by PB.
The food could have been, it's not really costing the club anything, but the decision to pay the staff would presumably have been Tony's. I'm simply highlighting that it's his generosity we are applauding, not a faceless organisation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here