Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass cancelling of Sky Sports and BT Sports

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
And yet one can sign up online. That kind of 'smart' practise should be outlawed.

Stuff like that pisses me off. They want you to phone up so they can throw deals at you to stop downgrading or leaving. You end up on the phone for ages which infuriates you even more.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Stuff like that pisses me off. They want you to phone up so they can throw deals at you to stop downgrading or leaving. You end up on the phone for ages which infuriates you even more.

They also require you to phone because some people won’t want the hassle and so don’t get around to cancelling. Probably helps them to retain a significant number of accounts.

Law needs to be clear - cancellation has to be possible using the same method that gained the subscription. If you can take out a contract online, it should be possible to cancel online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They also require you to phone because some people won’t want the hassle and so don’t get around to cancelling. Probably helps them to retain a significant number of accounts.

Law needs to be clear - cancellation has to be possible using the same method that gained the subscription. If you can take out a contract online, it should be possible to cancel online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mate, you've only posted 51 times but should post more. Perfect post!

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Sky package now cancelled on phone - stated 45 mins delay answering call then 20 minutes but actualy call answered straight away - Maybe as I have VIP status ?? Have to say excellent service Number is 03337591631

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just realised there is a very good chance there will be no or little sport to watch in the coming 3-6 months. I for one am going to cancel my subscription to both.

I suspect I won't be alone.

You'd assume the AJ and Fury fights aren't going to happen either with a June peak. Not a chance

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just got my monthly BT Sport bill - £0

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Apologies for not trawling through this read to see if I'm repeating stuff already said.

Anyone know what the criteria for Sky automatically un-pausing the subscription will be? It is very vaguely termed as "when the action starts again". Presumably some live sport is going to resume before others - possibly behind closed doors cricket, or some southern hemisphere rugby. Will that be deemed enough for us to start paying again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here