Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mass cancelling of Sky Sports and BT Sports

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just realised there is a very good chance there will be no or little sport to watch in the coming 3-6 months. I for one am going to cancel my subscription to both.

I suspect I won't be alone.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Just watching Sky Sports News now and it did cross my mind, what the hell are they going to report on for the next few months? Things are going to get very, very boring.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Just realised there is a very good chance there will be no or little sport to watch in the coming 3-6 months. I for one am going to cancel my subscription to both.

I'm sure both channels will be very forthcoming and exceedingly generous in offering refunds to affected subscribers like me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Won't someone think of the bookies?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I can see Tony Bloom's main business interests taking a big hit too, if there is no football bet on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Would imagine Sky will offer you the option to transfer your subscription free of charge to one of their other premium packages in an effort to retain your business

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Indeed. As they say - "When the fun stops, stop."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Sky and the like collapse as a result, the whole football money tree collapses. ITV Digital anyone?

Sky are committed for another season (I think) so football isn't going to collapse. And I imagine Sky have plenty of cash reserves to forego a few months of subs. All the cancellations will come back next season and it will be as it was before

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sky are committed for another season (I think) so football isn't going to collapse. And I imagine Sky have plenty of cash reserves to forego a few months of subs. All the cancellations will come back next season and it will be as it was before

Maybe. Maybe not. Didn't Sky recently launch a dedicated F1 channel? Who in their right mind is not going to cancel that now? This is an open-ended crisis and not one that is going to be able to rely on brand loyalty. Unlike, say, Albion ST renewal. The commercial hit on Sky Sports in the short to medium term will be massive

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Ooh the drama. It'll have little effect due to huge levels of consumer apathy. Those who do look into cancelling will be talked into a suspension of certain elements of their subscription packages being charged for. These charges will then resume, possibly at an increased cost, once things start up again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe. Maybe not. Didn't Sky recently launch a dedicated F1 channel? Who in their right mind is not going to cancel that now? This is an open-ended crisis and not one that is going to be able to rely on brand loyalty. Unlike, say, Albion ST renewal. The commercial hit on Sky Sports in the short to medium term will be massive

Isn't pretty much everyone locked into 12-24 month contracts? I know mine is...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here