Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton player of the season?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Season is over. Who would you pick?

To me there are three candidates: Dan Burn, Lewis Dunk and Neal Maupay. I gave Mat Ryan, Aaron Mooy and Pröpper/Stephens a thought as well, but in the end I would go with one of the first names.

Lewis Dunk - very consistent, really only 2-3 bad games, great passing and has saved his less secure partner more than one time. Did a few mistakes and actually wasted quite a lot of chances, but all in all had a good season and was the biggest reason we didnt concede many goals.

Dan Burn - defensively one of the best left backs in the league and far from shabby with the ball as well. Multiple stats sites rate Burn as our strongest performer. Sure, he is not "all that" in attack but he's been really good overall.

Neal Maupay - Such a naughty boy. Works extremely hard, got good vision, is technically a level above his teammates and is dangerous with the right surroundings and circumstances. Love his attitude, think he is probably one of the most hated PL players if you ask defenders.

If I had pick one, I would go with Maupay. The thought of how few goals we would have scored without him is frightening.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No-brainer for me - Lewis Dunk.

Consistent performer, a travesty that he is not a regular in the England squad.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Dunk for PoTS

Burn for Surprise of the season. Genuinely thought we'd only see him in cups/bench but apart from the odd game he's been wonderful.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk - we still take him for granted at times. The man just gets better and better and better. Rarely puts in a below 7/10 performance nowadays. I've most enjoyed his now frequent ability to bring high balls down onto his chest, turn and play it where most CBs would just head away.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
No one has really stood out for me, everyone has played pretty well IMO, apart from a few dodgy performances from a few players.

I think I would vote for Pröpper though, with Dunk in second place.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I am surprised. They way a lot of people on here talk about the team how the hell can there be a player of the season!? Most of the NSC clique think we are shit. Mind you, they are some of the worst fans about.

I would go with Dunk or Burn. With big mentions to Propper and Stephens.

Oh, and don't bother responding to me, I get baned from each thread I post in. Who know why but hey :wanker. Got to supress any positivity and thoughts counter to the clique.

:shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
None of our plays have done more to keep us up than Coronavirus, so I'll vote for Coronavirus

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
None of our plays have done more to keep us up than Coronavirus, so I'll vote for Coronavirus

He’s done well on a cold wet night in February but No doubt he’ll be useless on a dry summer day in June when it really matters.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My immediate answer was Dunk...

But then I think of who’s been the biggest surprise and probably the most improved player.

This guy has completely thrived under Potterball. And his marauding runs down the left have become legendary. He rarely lets us down.

My vote: big Dan Burn.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Given his performances and the difference made to the team since returning from injury - it has to be Dan Burn.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Dunk, Propper and Ryan for me. And probably in that order. Mind you, those three could equally be our best players over our PL history, with Ryan beating Propper into second place.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At one stage of the season Mooy was in the lead I think

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Season is over. Who would you pick?

To me there are three candidates: Dan Burn, Lewis Dunk and Neal Maupay. I gave Mat Ryan, Aaron Mooy and Pröpper/Stephens a thought as well, but in the end I would go with one of the first names.

Lewis Dunk - very consistent, really only 2-3 bad games, great passing and has saved his less secure partner more than one time. Did a few mistakes and actually wasted quite a lot of chances, but all in all had a good season and was the biggest reason we didnt concede many goals.

Dan Burn - defensively one of the best left backs in the league and far from shabby with the ball as well. Multiple stats sites rate Burn as our strongest performer. Sure, he is not "all that" in attack but he's been really good overall.

Neal Maupay - Such a naughty boy. Works extremely hard, got good vision, is technically a level above his teammates and is dangerous with the right surroundings and circumstances. Love his attitude, think he is probably one of the most hated PL players if you ask defenders.

If I had pick one, I would go with Maupay. The thought of how few goals we would have scored without him is frightening.

Even with Niel Maupay in the side we have been woefully short of goals, just 8 from 26 appearances in his case, and with that being the mitigating factor when it comes to our performances this season, I really don't think you can give the Payer of ther Season accolade to a striker.

Lewis Dunk has done well, but l think he has had better seasons. Lewis is always Mr. Consistency so for him to be noticed he has to really stand out to be noticed.

So it's Dan Burn all the way for me, an absolute revelation at left wing back, he has amazed a lot of people, not least myself with the amount of skill he possesses. A very worthy Player of the Season in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here