Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If the current season is now cancelled....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We probably won't wear the current home shirt again making it the least-used home shirt ever.

We've played our last match in the green alternative shirt. Good.

We paid around £500,000 for Mac Allister to play 10min of a match.

Mac Allister came here to play 10min and missed the Boca Juniors championship-winning game. And is now thousands of miles from family.

Season ticket holders are owed loads of money back.

We won't win our first game of 2020 until August - earliest! :lolol:

If results of already-played matches are scrubbed, Palace have never beaten us in the Premier League! :clap:

More?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We probably won't wear the current home shirt again making it the least-used home shirt ever.

We've played our last match in the green alternative shirt. Good.

We paid around £500,000 for Mac Allister to play 10min of a match.

Mac Allister came here to play 10min and missed the Boca Juniors championship-winning game. And is now thousands of miles from family.

Season ticket holders are owed loads of money back.

We won't win our first game of 2020 until August - earliest! :lolol:

If results of already-played matches are scrubbed, Palace have never beaten us in the Premier League! :clap:

More?

Leeds will probably have zero chance of keeping Ben White

Albion have the chance to get a new striker before we play again but will probably decide they don’t need one if history is anything to go by.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i hope season ticket holders really dont start on refunds, and reflect that it supports the club. the season was shortened, so average cost per game goes up a few £.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Can’t see the season being cancelled to be honest, it will cause carnage with relegation, promotion and European qualification issues and clubs impacted will be taking legal action left, right and centre. Only option is to extend the season into June / July and delay the start of the new season to September (I expect the Euros will get postponed until next year). We’ll then see more midweek games next season to bring it back on track to finish in May as normal.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Leeds will probably have zero chance of keeping Ben White

Albion have the chance to get a new striker before we play again but will probably decide they don’t need one if history is anything to go by.

You missed GP is happy with his squad :)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can’t see the season being cancelled to be honest, it will cause carnage with relegation, promotion and European qualification issues and clubs impacted will be taking legal action left, right and centre. Only option is to extend the season into June / July and delay the start of the new season to September (I expect the Euros will get postponed until next year). We’ll then see more midweek games next season to bring it back on track to finish in May as normal.

There will be rules within the league membership covering force majeure and given this is a global crisis I cannot see any legal challenge would stand up to much

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Other games go ahead this weekend, with Bmuff, West Ham and Watford winning. EPL is then abandoned with current positions standing, and we are relegated the first time we have ever been in the bottom three :(

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm sure the PL will meet this morning and deal with it competently, responsibly and strategically.

tenor (2).gif

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
i hope season ticket holders really dont start on refunds, and reflect that it supports the club. the season was shortened, so average cost per game goes up a few £.

If people want to why shouldn’t they? Not everyone wants to write off money or can afford to, no matter how strong their love of the club? What about those who buy match by match - the current upcoming crop of Cat A games have cost people £45 a ticket, why would you be willing to write that off, and if they refund those people then partial season ticket refunds must surely be considered. The club may have some insurance contingency in place in any case, and the players can surely suck up some minor wage reduction to ensure supporters aren’t out of pocket. Sorry, but it does hack me off that those supporters well off enough to take the hit assume or ‘hope’ (to quote yourself) that everyone else is in the same charitable situation. In saying that I do appreciate that season ticket holders had already essentially committed their money to the club, mentally at least.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

so to avoid "carnage", propose scheduling carnage for the next season. :facepalm:
its not the only option, there are many. the sensible option is the one with least change.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Where do you draw the line? I've got £600 of Euros tickets for this summer. Should I write that off? What about tickets for other various events?
What about people that could really do with the £50 a month if they aren't getting anything for it?

Really it should just be credited to next season and Direct Debits adjusted

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There will be rules within the league membership covering force majeure and given this is a global crisis I cannot see any legal challenge would stand up to much

If this a global response (or even a European one) and it's the same ruling for all countries and all leagues then, no, I can't see any value in a legal challenge.

But, as I said in the other thread, if the PL decides on its own course then, yes, I wouldn't be shocked by a legal challenge

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If this a global response (or even a European one) and it's the same ruling for all countries and all leagues then, no, I can't see any value in a legal challenge.

But, as I said in the other thread, if the PL decides on its own course then, yes, I wouldn't be shocked by a legal challenge

My guess is this morning PL is to agree to postpone all fixtures and Tuesdays UEFA meeting is to get the alignment you describe across the leagues

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
If people want to why shouldn’t they? Not everyone wants to write off money or can afford to, no matter how strong their love of the club? What about those who buy match by match - the current upcoming crop of Cat A games have cost people £45 a ticket, why would you be willing to write that off, and if they refund those people then partial season ticket refunds must surely be considered. The club may have some insurance contingency in place in any case, and the players can surely suck up some minor wage reduction to ensure supporters aren’t out of pocket. Sorry, but it does hack me off that those supporters well off enough to take the hit assume or ‘hope’ (to quote yourself) that everyone else is in the same charitable situation. In saying that I do appreciate that season ticket holders had already essentially committed their money to the club, mentally at least.

im in that boat. it'll be good to be refunded but im not going to moan on about it, because there are bigger issues at stake. one being the financial standing of the club, who will not be expecting contracted players to take any reduction (again, nice gesture if they do).

rrruss

Wandering Seagull

In Spain, La Liga has a proper constitution which allows for "force majeure". If an accord cannot be reached with the clubs, the league committee can dictate what happens next. They are apparently looking at four scenarios.

1. If Euro 2020 is postponed, continue the league in the summer. It's going to be a hot one!
2. Finish the league after game 27, the last game that everyone has played. Barcelona champions.
3. Finish the league after game 19, the halfway point, when everyone has played each other once. Barcelona champions.
4. Scrap it and start again next season.

There seem to be growing calls that option 3 is preferred as everyone would have played everyone once. In our case that means that Spurs away would be voided and the points against Bournemouth would count!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There seem to be growing calls that option 3 is preferred as everyone would have played everyone once. In our case that means that Spurs away would be voided and the points against Bournemouth would count!

Who would be relegated in that instance? Watford, Norwich and who?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Makes perfect sense :thumbsup:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

So Coronavirus will be gone by June/July ? Suspect it will be around a lot longer than that. If we delay season for a month what's to say other players / fans won't pick it up in April, May, June... at that point do we delay the season again?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here