Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flights from Europe to USA suspended

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The exception being from The UK.

Big, big call...

Edit: Only just saw this in the Covid thread. Feel free to merge but feel as though it’s worth it’s own thread.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The exception being from The UK.

Big, big call...

Edit: Only just saw this in the Covid thread. Feel free to merge but feel as though it’s worth it’s own thread.

Why is it a big call ? Seems sensible to me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Why is it a big call ? Seems sensible to me.

Sensible? How so? They should be more worried about the cases within the US IMO....

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I’m in the States this week hopefully I’ll get home! On the way here Heathrow and George Bush were very empty airports, plane only had 50 passengers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn't that why they've done what they have done?

It’s not entirely clear what they have done. He seems to be confusing the EU with the Schengen zone and the free-movement zone. He really is an idiot.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s not entirely clear what they have done. He seems to be confusing the EU with the Schengen zone and the free-movement zone. He really is an idiot.

he wouldnt be the first.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He thinks Europe has free movement with Shenzhen in China.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People flying from UK & Irish airports are ok. It doesn’t say UK & Irish citizens are ok.

Therefore any European can fly to the States via the UK. They just need to make the UK a stopover.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
People flying from UK & Irish airports are ok. It doesn’t say UK & Irish citizens are ok.

Therefore any European can fly to the States via the UK. They just need to make the UK a stopover.

Would the US border guys not see where that passport has been prior to the UK though? So could easily turn them away

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My wife is really concerned now as she and the kids, plus her elderly mother, are off to Florida in 3 weeks time, then doing the Disney Cruise for a few days. They've been saving for 2 years for this trip, only for it to be potentially cancelled just 3 weeks before they go.
I get the concern, and why they are taking all these precautions - but it'll still be bloody frustrating if they dont get to go after all the preparations shes made (Also got NBA tickets for the boys - now thats suspended indefinitely as well...) Not good.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Don't understand why the UK appears allowed access,a virus is a virus by nature, Surely ?

Absolutely no sense. Watching his statements one realises that this man really is a couple of yards short of the crease.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good to see Donald Trump finally taking the Climate Emergency seriously.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My wife is really concerned now as she and the kids, plus her elderly mother, are off to Florida in 3 weeks time, then doing the Disney Cruise for a few days. They've been saving for 2 years for this trip, only for it to be potentially cancelled just 3 weeks before they go.
I get the concern, and why they are taking all these precautions - but it'll still be bloody frustrating if they dont get to go after all the preparations shes made (Also got NBA tickets for the boys - now thats suspended indefinitely as well...) Not good.

I mean I would be doing everything possible to try and get the money back right now. The chances of that trip happening are getting slimer and slimer by the day. I wouldnt want to be going anywhere near a cruiseship right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't understand why the UK appears allowed access,a virus is a virus by nature, Surely ?

You are not suggesting you expect Trump to make decisions based on good sense, as opposed to whatever suits his political/personal agenda, are you? ???

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

I'm pretty sure that the rules are that if you had been in any of the European mainland states in the past 14 days prior to trying to enter the US you would be refused entry.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9274285 said:
I'm pretty sure that the rules are that if you had been in any of the European mainland states in the past 14 days prior to trying to enter the US you would be refused entry.

How are they going to prove that?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here