Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players spitting

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Will this still be ok ? Or should they refrain from doing so in light of the corvid 19 virus .Some seem to be gobbing all the time especially when the cameras are on them. Surely time to try and get them to try and control it a bit . Would it be punishable or do they bring a bog roll out with them.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Will this still be ok ? Or should they refrain from doing so in light of the corvid 19 virus .Some seem to be gobbing all the time especially when the cameras are on them. Surely time to try and get them to try and control it a bit . Would it be punishable or do they bring a bog roll out with them.

Also snorting out strings of snot. I lose count of how much up-close coverage I get of that particular activity during any live TV game.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Be a bit hard when they’re wearing masks.

Get them in helmets:

MV5BM2RlZDg3Y2QtNmVhNi00ZDkzLWExMWYtODY3ODUxODVhNDM5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1NTMyNzM@._V1_.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone should tell Zaha the dirty f*cker

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

This is what I find strange, players can't now shake hands but they can gob all over the pitch then roll around in it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is what I find strange, players can't now shake hands but they can gob all over the pitch then roll around in it.

They commented on TalkSport that on most games at the weekend, players did not shake hands before.... but were shaking hands etc after the game anyway....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They commented on TalkSport that on most games at the weekend, players did not shake hands before.... but were shaking hands etc after the game anyway....

That isn't particularly stupid, tbh. Shaking hands immediately before departing to the changing room, where they'll be able to wash their hands / jump in the shower, isn't quite the same thing as contact before 50 minutes out on the pitch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

....grabbing each other at corners.......shouting in each other's faces......not shaking hands is nothing more than a token gesture.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Perhaps spittoons could be placed on the side of the pitch, just incase players feel the need to hock one out.
Would save the staff at half time and after matches, slipping over when trending the divots :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
....grabbing each other at corners.......shouting in each other's faces......not shaking hands is nothing more than a token gesture.

And typical of the absurd advice people have chosen to take.

As far as spitting is concerned, that Pep Guardiola takes the biscuit. He spend the entire 90 minutes spitting out little while flecks of something. Sick? Sour grapes? Biscuit? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why DO players spit, exactly ?

I'm perfectly capable of going for a walk or run without hacking up a huge grolly and flobbing it out on the path every fifty yards or so. So why do footballers constantly feel the need to deposit their sputum all over the pitch ? Its always baffled me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm perfectly capable of going for a walk or run without hacking up a huge grolly and flobbing it out on the path every fifty yards or so. So why do footballers constantly feel the need to deposit their sputum all over the pitch ? Its always baffled me.

No clue why but when I do high intensity sports (...been a while) I just find it very difficult to swallow the saliva so I spit quite a bit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No clue why but when I do high intensity sports (...been a while) I just find it very difficult to swallow the saliva so I spit quite a bit.

I guess thats what the players would say.

Imagine if squash or basketball players were similarly afflicted. They'd soon be slipping and sliding all over the place.

SAC

May 21, 2014

I do when I run, in particular in the cold months but rarely feel the need to when I cycle and never on a walk. No idea if it there is a science behind it or not.

Managers spitting just seems disgusting, no idea why they do it but they all seem to. Perhaps it is to do with stress levels or something?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea

It's a fashion accessory

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I guess thats what the players would say.

Imagine if squash or basketball players were similarly afflicted. They'd soon be slipping and sliding all over the place.

I play squash regularly (typically three times a week) and go out running intervals (also typically three times a week). I've never once spat on the squash court, but without fail I spit into the gutter outside my house after running.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here