Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion staff and the hygienic approach to the crowd this Saturday - two points

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
I have two major points relating to hygiene and not spreading viruses this Saturday .

(i) This relates to every game - when drinks / pints especially are served the staff usually hold the glass with 5 fingers around the top of the glass . So their fingers ( which contain bacteria , faecal matter and potentially viruses ) are touching the parts of the plastic glass that then goes into your mouth.

This is unhygienic and they should be trained to serve the glass holding it properly and they should also wear plastic gloves . Pretty simple really .

(ii) Security pat downs / checks outside . They have to stop this weekend .

If you have Covid 19 it is likely to be on your gloves , in your hat , on your shirt collar etc etc . So if you get searched or patted down outside it will then present itself on the gloves of the security person . That security person will then pat down several hundred people more and potentially infect a number of them . It does n't matter if they wear gloves they will still transfer the virus . It's a sure fire way of making sure the virus is transmitted to lots more people - assuming one person has it of course ( and that is probable ) .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1901ers less at risk then, no security pat down. It’s an airport style scanner moved over your body.

Given most of us are older feckers this is a good thing :thumbsup:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have two major points relating to hygiene and not spreading viruses this Saturday .

(i) This relates to every game - when drinks / pints especially are served the staff usually hold the glass with 5 fingers around the top of the glass . So their fingers ( which contain bacteria , faecal matter and potentially viruses ) are touching the parts of the plastic glass that then goes into your mouth.

This is unhygienic and they should be trained to serve the glass holding it properly and they should also wear plastic gloves . Pretty simple really .

If you have Covid 19 it is likely to be on your gloves , in your hat , on your shirt collar etc etc . So if you get searched or patted down outside it will then present itself on the gloves of the security person . That security person will then pat down several hundred people more and potentially infect a number of them . It does n't matter if they wear gloves they will still transfer the virus . It's a sure fire way of making sure the virus is transmitted to lots more people - assuming one person has it of course ( and that is probable ) .

So the drinks server wearing gloves stops viruses being transferred to the glass, but the security staff wearing gloves helps pass it on. :ffsparr:

Seriously flawed logic there.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

2 good points.

I hope Barber has read them and acts on them.

Instant dismissal for a drinks server holding the drink by the rim.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1901ers less at risk then, no security pat down. It’s an airport style scanner moved over your body.

Given most of us are older feckers this is a good thing :thumbsup:

Must be horrendous for those doing the scanning with all those knee and hip replacements setting the things off.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's ok we can bring in our own hand santiser gel. However, we probably won't be allowed the tops on them in case we are hooligans!

We can't buy any anyway, as some people bulk bought it all last week.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Spot on with both points I think but really this should be part of any new bar staff training.

First day on any pub/restaurant job I've ever worked I have been told "the bottom half of the glass is yours, the top half is the customers."
The nature of sparse employment that the club provide obviously leads to less trained staff who are more prone to make mistakes but it should be one of the few consistent lessons given to new starters.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So we'll risk a terrorist incident in favour of not catching the virus ..... really?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Spot on with both points I think but really this should be part of any new bar staff training.

First day on any pub/restaurant job I've ever worked I have been told "the bottom half of the glass is yours, the top half is the customers."
The nature of sparse employment that the club provide obviously leads to less trained staff who are more prone to make mistakes but it should be one of the few consistent lessons given to new starters.

This is true. GOOD bar staff would NEVER hold a glass around the rim. That is just basic hygiene and good manners.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If any of our players want to get involved with arguing with the spectators, they must all wear masks before confronting the fans and use sanitised hand gel before jumping over the sponsor boards.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We can't buy any anyway, as some people bulk bought it all last week.

Yes, and you'll find out who bought it all on Saturday afternoon. All fans will be required to by a small bottle (without tops) of Brighton and Hove Albion Souvenir Hand Sanitiser before being permitted to enter the ground.

......at the special matchday price of £5.00 (inly one per person, sorry)!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is true. GOOD bar staff would NEVER hold a glass around the rim. That is just basic hygiene and good manners.

The problem is GOOD bar staff are normally holding glasses not flimsy plastic, that gives, which means they then spill it and get moaned at for not serving a full pint ... Oh the problems we face!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here