Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal players self-isolating?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Will our game get called off?
It says on the news a number of Arsenal players met the Olympiacos owner and are now self-isolating?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I thought that then read the story and seems to have been going on for a while.

In fact the players and staff isolation period of 14 days ends Friday and would appear they have shown no signs of Coronavirus.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I thought that then read the story and seems to have been going on for a while.

In fact the players and staff isolation period of 14 days ends Friday and would appear they have shown no signs of Coronavirus.

I hope all effected are well, but, if our game does go ahead, then this will surely have disrupted their preparations.

Last edited:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
West Ham players will have to be isolated, at least until when the Arsenal players from last Saturday's game get the all clear.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
West Ham players will have to be isolated, at least until when the Arsenal players from last Saturday's game get the all clear.

I’m not sure that’s true. I think you only self isolate if you’ve been in contact with someone with Coronavirus, not just someone who’s self isolating as a precaution.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
From the way I read it, Arsenal only yesterday were made aware the Olympiacos owner had the virus. The game was 13 days ago including today , so to comply with the 14 day period, they need to self isolate ) although they haven’t previously as they won’t aware ) until Friday when they return to training. So in effect the Arsenal players will miss two days training.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Game off tonight with City tonight because some of them were “close” to the Olympiakos owner a couple of weeks ago.

Yet Olympiakos are playing Wolves tomorrow.

Wtf is that all about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Game off tonight with City tonight because some of them were “close” to the Olympiakos owner a couple of weeks ago.

Yet Olympiakos are playing Wolves tomorrow.

Wtf is that all about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wolves are not happy about it. I suppose different countries have different procedures for who should self isolate.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This thread illustrates that:
-- some on NSC are up-to-speed with current guidance on COVID-19, and some aren't
-- those that aren't either need to refer to relevant media that provide accurate information, or government/NHS outputs, or improve their ability to process quite simple information

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If they can just self isolate till teatime on Saturday then all’s good.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
This thread illustrates that:
-- some on NSC are up-to-speed with current guidance on COVID-19, and some aren't
-- those that aren't either need to refer to relevant media that provide accurate information, or government/NHS outputs, or improve their ability to process quite simple information

The third option is those who are completely thick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here