Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] The Komedia tonight...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I was at the premiere in London on Monday evening - what a wonderful job has been done with this live recording! So often, concerts can be presented in quite a sterile way, but not in this case. There's also some really interesting/amusing interview footage blended in, that works really well. I understand that the DVD/Blu-ray (out April 17th) will have a seamless branching option so you can watch the concert straight, or with the interview bits.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
When is he at the dome...I missed that..ffs

It's April 24th...still a few tickets left via brightondome.org. You'll have a great time, I'm sure... the band get on really well, both personally and musically, and the enjoyment on stage is quite infectious (although can I use that word, even in a different context?). For those with misgivings over Gary Kemp on guitar and vocals, he smashes it - no new romantic pretensions, just a love (that he's always had) of music from the era the band plays (67-72)

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's April 24th...still a few tickets left via brightondome.org. You'll have a great time, I'm sure... the band get on really well, both personally and musically, and the enjoyment on stage is quite infectious (although can I use that word, even in a different context?). For those with misgivings over Gary Kemp on guitar and vocals, he smashes it - no new romantic pretensions, just a love (that he's always had) of music from the era the band plays (67-72)

Couldn't agree more, on all counts. The atmosphere in The Roundhouse those nights was electric, and although I'd never been to the venue before , you really could sense the history of the place, and the simple joie de vivre of the band was a thing to behold. As you rightly say, I think a brilliant job was done with the film in capturing the essence of it.
I, too, had reservations about Gary Kemp's involvement, but he really was fantastic, both in style, vocals and energy - I was so happy to have my doubts well and truly squashed. (That's without mentioning my amazement of how good Mason was, after seeing his efforts in the Gilmour-led Floyd of the late 80's. He really seemed to be enjoying himself, again.)
So looking forward to The Dome, and the Albert Hall the following month - I just love what they're bringing to life, again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here