Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Single Ticket Upgrades - WARNING: Contains dull content

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Alright?

I've had a search on NSC but couldn't find an answer. Anyway, I gambled on Arsenal getting through their Europa Cup tie and therefore our match getting moved and purchased my son a ticket next to my season ticket seat as he can't do Saturday 3pm games.

Of course, Arsenal being Arsenal they ruined EVERYTHING and now I'm stuck with an under 18's match ticket. Apparently I can't pay to upgrade it to a adult ticket? Is that correct?

I'm thinking at the very least I'll have something to symbolically rip up before flouncing out when we get done on the break at 72mins.

Cheers

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yep single match day tickets aren't refundable or upgradable but I'm sure I've heard of people on the day going to the ticket office and getting a child ticket upgraded to an adult (by claiming sickness or the like). Obviously they had to pay the difference in price.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Yep single match day tickets aren't refundable or upgradable but I'm sure I've heard of people on the day going to the ticket office and getting a child ticket upgraded to an adult (by claiming sickness or the like). Obviously they had to pay the difference in price.

I actually had the experience the other day of changing a ticket from a senior to an adult for the Watford game. Just walk up to the ticket office, be honest about the reason why you want to change it and they'll sort it out for you as long as you pay the difference.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Cheers both

I probably won't risk that on matchday in case they decide they won't upgrade it.

To be honest - I don't get why they wouldn't do it for single match tickets in this sort of situation? I purchased it for him through his fan number and paid for it on my card because he's 8 so there's an 'audit trail' of what's happened. Could they not apply the 'you can only do this x amounts of time a season' principle?

Anyway, serves me right for relying on the Gooners and first world problems etc etc

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cheers both

I probably won't risk that on matchday in case they decide they won't upgrade it.

To be honest - I don't get why they wouldn't do it for single match tickets in this sort of situation? I purchased it for him through his fan number and paid for it on my card because he's 8 so there's an 'audit trail' of what's happened. Could they not apply the 'you can only do this x amounts of time a season' principle?

Anyway, serves me right for relying on the Gooners and first world problems etc etc

You could always just phone them up and try. They're usually really helpful.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Cheers both

They don't do it as a matter of policy. But if you've got a mate who wants to give it a shot what is there to lose really. Go to the ticket office and by all accounts on here they will change it. If not he can have a crack at slipping through the turnstiles anyway (although I imagine the chances are a fair bit lower! ) and if all else fail's he's got a couple of hours in the pub or shopping in Brighton until you regale him about our famous victory. But it seems unlikely they won't change it at the office because they apparently always do. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here