Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Budget - March 2020

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For years I used to have to plan for the budget, get any up front information available and watch every second of it for any changes effecting our businesses.

I've just realised that finally, 9 years later, I've broken the habit and have only just realised it's budget day tomorrow, so a great opportunity to get away from all the doom and gloom around Coronavirus :smile:

So what do we have to look forward to tomorrow ?

A chancellor with no experience or control being spoon fed by No10
Immediate risk of a Corona pandemic breaking out in the next few days/weeks
The very real possibility of a Global recession in the next few months
Finding out what type of Brexit we are going to get and how much of a hit it will be on the UK's economy over the next 9 months

Here Rishi, catch :lolol:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Confirmation that £350 million a week will be spent on the NHS.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
For years I used to have to plan for the budget, get any up front information available and watch every second of it for any changes effecting our businesses.

I've just realised that finally, 9 years later, I've broken the habit and have only just realised it's budget day tomorrow, so a great opportunity to get away from all the doom and gloom around Coronavirus :smile:

Finding out what type of Brexit we are going to get and how much of a hit it will be on the UK's economy over the next 9 months

“so a great opportunity to get away from all the doom and gloom around Coronavirus “

Then you say this..

“A chancellor with no experience or control being spoon fed by No10
Immediate risk of a Corona pandemic breaking out in the next few days/weeks”

You are part of the problem!!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I assume Mr Cummings has fully briefed the chancellor.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Javid resigning threw him in the deep end with not much time, the current crisis added to that must make it a real baptism of fire.

Some last minute rejigging I’d guess. Major longer term tax/spending plans may be shelved for a while as the immediate crisis is tackled?

Saw the Italians have got banks to agree a mortgage/loan repayment holiday for small business and the public. Would help here to if things progress.

Social care tax of 2.5% for over 40’s was mooted, but will that still happen now?

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
One thing for certain is that it will bare no resemble to all the promises made in the general election. There will headlines (propaganda) and a load of PM blather about the greatest levels in investment a series of public services which have been stripped to the bone over the last ten years. The rich will benefit and the ordinary person on the street will get some token gestures. all a bit depressing really but it's want we wanted and all knew we were getting apparently

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm surprised that there aren't long queues at petrol stations as it must be time for a fuel tax hike.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[tweet]1237318547010920448[/tweet]

Rishi Sunak @RishiSunak
I'm investing £8million in the Parklife scheme to build proper football pitches for over 300,000 young people to play on.

Here's to finding the Le Tissiers of tomorrow. #Budget2020

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[tweet]1237351783372120065[/tweet]

Rishi Sunak @RishiSunak
Fly-tipping is a blight on communities up and down the country.

In #Budget2020 I’ll announce a series of measures to take on the fly-tippers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[tweet]1237051230653952001[/tweet]

Rishi Sunak @RishiSunak
The UK owes all ex-servicewomen and men a tremendous debt.

In my budget on Wednesday I’ll announce that employers will no longer pay National Insurance Contributions for ex-forces personnel for the first year of their work.

They do a job we help them get a job #Budget2020

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
[tweet]1237318547010920448[/tweet]

Rishi Sunak @RishiSunak
I'm investing £8million in the Parklife scheme to build proper football pitches for over 300,000 young people to play on.

Here's to finding the Le Tissiers of tomorrow. #Budget2020

Matt Le Tissier* was born and grew up in Guernsey, a Crown Dependency which sits outside of UK fiscal territory...

:ffsparr:

* and, indeed, the unrelated BHA player Maya Le Tissier.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll be interested to see what he does for the self-employed and owner/managers of personal service companies.

Whilst the employed get holiday pay, paternity, auto-enrolment pension and - now - statutory sick pay from Day 1 the rest of us get nothing, and added to that there is the uncertainty of Brexit and coronavirus.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'll be interested to see what he does for the self-employed and owner/managers of personal service companies.

Whilst the employed get holiday pay, paternity, auto-enrolment pension and - now - statutory sick pay from Day 1 the rest of us get nothing, and added to that there is the uncertainty of Brexit and coronavirus.

Price it into your contract, or seek employment. You can't have it both ways.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1237051230653952001[/tweet]

Rishi Sunak @RishiSunak
The UK owes all ex-servicewomen and men a tremendous debt.

In my budget on Wednesday I’ll announce that employers will no longer pay National Insurance Contributions for ex-forces personnel for the first year of their work.

They do a job we help them get a job #Budget2020

So he finds them a job for a year, whereupon the company finds an excuse to ditch them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

My guess is we'll get **** all

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
IR35 was going to force my hand in to early retirement this April - did all my sums at Christmas and could just scrape by until my deferred final salary pension kicks in at 2026.
Now, them pesky Russians are having an oil war with the Saudis and the "made in China" virus has fvcked my SIPP.

So, who to blame? Barber OUT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here