This doesn’t sound good.

Attachments

• 28FF0847-0281-46B2-B6F2-56C83A11EF95.jpeg
    28FF0847-0281-46B2-B6F2-56C83A11EF95.jpeg
    702.9 KB · Views: 720

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Makes you realise how lucky we are to have a Chairman/ Owner who has a connection with the club and is not some foreign rich person who stupidly thinks he will make a fotune out of buying a football club.

The only people who make money out of football are Agents, Lawyers and players . And Sky of course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A case of be careful what you wish for I think...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If the FA had any real intention of providing a viable fit and proper persons test, they would make it part of the purchasing agreement that you already had one in place before you brought a football club.

If the FA had a fit and proper persons test there would be no FA!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Makes you realise how lucky we are to have a Chairman/ Owner who has a connection with the club and is not some foreign rich person who stupidly thinks he will make a fotune out of buying a football club.

The only people who make money out of football are Agents, Lawyers and players . And Sky of course.

And one who doesn't think that just throwing a load of cash at the problem will fix it, because he knows it's way more complicated than that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I thought they had been bought by mega-bucks and were going to be the next big thing.

I must have misunderstood the narrative I read.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
A case of be careful what you wish for I think...

Not sure this is the case here, life was pretty terrible under Duchatelet and at least there is someone attempting to be transparent in Matt Southall now.

Fingers crossed life gets better for them; great club are Charlton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
This is very hard to understand. How can you resign after you have bought the club ? Seems strange that EFL allowed this to happen. Am sure Ashley would love to resign at Newcastle but cant until it is sold.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Rumours now that the EFL never actually approved the takeover. Roland Duchatelet definitely still owns the stadium and training ground. New owners have an obligation to buy them off him in June but Nimer (the only one with any money) is refusing to invest anything while Southall is still involved and Southall is refusing to budge. Most likely outcome at this stage seems to be the club reverting to Duchatelet in the summer. What he'll do with it God knows. *sigh*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here