Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Toilet Roll crisis reaches new heights in Australia

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm guessing the buyers don't anticipate folk going loopy, buying all the stock up.

As for Norfolk, I guess you either have bidets or don't bother to wipe yer bums.

Maybe the buyers didn’t anticipate for week 1. It’s becoming less of an excuse as time moves on though...Much more satisfying to find yet another reason to look down on ‘the thick people.’

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hoarding has expanded to provisions other than loo roll and paracetamol.

Our supermarkets for a few days have been out porridge (understandable, a dry food staple that stores) and of all things tonic water! I presume that many are planning to get pissed at home when self isolating.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Target reached and I have stopped hence proving your thesis wrong. I am not buying anymore as I have enough and I haven't stocked up on anything else. It seems that a lot of people, like yourself, have trouble in understanding what the exercise was and to be honest I don't care and I am not explaining it again.

It hasn't disproved the thesis, even panic-buyers stop eventually. You mentioned that you want to make sure that you were well-stocked for when you go away next month, and then said you have a house of five adults! If they're all bed-bound invalids who cannot leave the house then fair enough, my sympathies and ignore the rest of this post. If however they are sentient, functioning adults then they are presumably capable of going to the shops themselves and buying what they need when they need it. (Well maybe they can't because people like you have already emptied the shelves!)

Truly pathetic,

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Your post is rather typical of the snobbish response of many people who like to sit on their hands and criticize others. I don’t wish to be rude but my shopping decisions are my own. There is a lot of talk about panic buying but it is simply people stocking up in case thy are forced to self isolate. This situation is going to get worse before it gets better and businesses and individuals need to make such plans. The snobbery about toilet rolls running out is amazing. You need to realize that at some point soon you may not be able to leave your house either because you will have the virus or may pass it on to others. You, me and everybody else need to plan for that. If you have a stock of non perishables that will decrease the likelihood that you will have to leave the house and put others at risk.
I have been told that there is a two week wait for a time slot for internet delivery. These deliveries are taking priority over stocking the shelves, hence the shortages (that comes from a supermarket manager).These waiting times will get longer. It means that if you don’t have at least two weeks (maybe more) of supplies then things may be difficult for you.
I am saying this to anyone making the case you are making ie not particularly aimed at you but people should stop sniping at others who are doing the best they can to keep their families safe. Remember there are many people (including middle class people living month to month) who rely on buying the cheapest possible food. They cannot afford not to be stocked up as they cannot afford the alternatives of buying expensive brands or living off takeaways.
It is fine to choose not to stock up but just a shame that this is another example of the modern trend of people feeling better about themselves by looking down on others.

And sadly another one. You don't have to justify your behaviour to me pal, although given the length of your post I guess you do feel a slight level of shame.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And sadly another one. You don't have to justify your behaviour to me pal, although given the length of your post I guess you do feel a slight level of shame.

I was merely debating the issue with you. I don’t feel shame for buying less than I would have done anyway for Easter. You are a little bit ridiculous but if your anger keeps you going then fill your boots. I’m certainly not your ‘pal’ as I don’t have angry friends.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It hasn't disproved the thesis, even panic-buyers stop eventually. You mentioned that you want to make sure that you were well-stocked for when you go away next month, and then said you have a house of five adults! If they're all bed-bound invalids who cannot leave the house then fair enough, my sympathies and ignore the rest of this post. If however they are sentient, functioning adults then they are presumably capable of going to the shops themselves and buying what they need when they need it. (Well maybe they can't because people like you have already emptied the shelves!)

Truly pathetic,

If they have Covid 19 or are self isolated for an indeterminate amount of time they won’t be able to go to the shops themselves. At least think through the abusive drivel you have been posting.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Truly pathetic,

Out of interest, do you already have about two weeks supply of things you need?

The problem isn't people stocking up for two weeks, it's people stocking up for two months!!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If they have Covid 19 or are self isolated for an indeterminate amount of time they won’t be able to go to the shops themselves. At least think through the abusive drivel you have been posting.

It's about moderation, respect, and consideration. Yeah' drivel'.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's about moderation, respect, and consideration. Yeah' drivel'.

People are going to be confined to their homes and scared. Internet forums are going to be needed for company and information. Regardless of the topic you need to begin to use NSC as a positive community tool rather than as a way to express anger and contempt for others. I simply disagree with you, that’s all. You don’t have a monopoly on the truth, you just have an opinion that you can express with maturity rather than disdain.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
7a4d0e1a83eb4963e25c219b87ec8334.jpg

Bulk offer on arse paper!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
7a4d0e1a83eb4963e25c219b87ec8334.jpg

Bulk offer on arse paper!

Why is it on the floor?

Oh.

Palace. Zaha. Lying on the floor. I geddit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here