Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saturday

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Arsenal is the first time in a while where we at home against a team that probably won’t set up with 2 banks of 4 and ‘keep it tight’. We clearly struggle against this type of team. Arsenal might not stick 2 players on Mooy and will instead look to play their own game.
I’m not saying we’ll win but I do think Arsenal’s style will suit ours. This could be a very good game but we’ll need to 100% ‘on it’ to get anything.
I hope Potter goes with an unchanged 11 again but possibly with Ali Mac getting more than 13 minutes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They've won 2 games away from home all season. What could possibly go wrong?

I agree though, it should be an entertaining game with chances. Agreed, unchanged but with Alexis on earlier, or possibly starting ahead of Mooy, March or Trossard, dependent on exact tactics/shape etc.

One of my worries is actually Bissouma. Superb against Wolves but can sometimes follow up a good performance with a tired one.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I wish this was an away fixture!

We freeze at home ... we need to make a lot of noise on Saturday!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We haven’t played a team at home who didn’t sit back and try to hit us on the break since Chelsea though. The game before that was Bournemouth and we scored very early in the game.

Gonna be tough but Arsenal will let us play imo.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I agree though, it should be an entertaining game with chances. Agreed, unchanged but with Alexis on earlier, or possibly starting ahead of Mooy, March or Trossard, dependent on exact tactics/shape etc.

One of my worries is actually Bissouma. Superb against Wolves but can sometimes follow up a good performance with a tired one.

I'd drop Trossard. Seems to do better when coming off bench v tired legs. Is massively inconsistent. Macc in Tross Out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd drop Trossard. Seems to do better when coming off bench v tired legs. Is massively inconsistent. Macc in Tross Out.

So you’d drop the player who created the best goal scoring opportunity in the last two games? I wouldn’t. Tempted to say I’d drop March as he is currently next to useless as an attacking threat but he does defend and give the FB good cover. Tough one

el punal

I must admit the weather has been rather inclement at the Amex. It gets particularly chilly in the second half so my recommendation is to dress up warm and have a pre-match hot toddy. A lot of noise unfortunately does not warm you up. :whisky:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No reason why we cant get something from this game... hopefully they'll be tired from their midweek game against City.

Arsenal also without a few players due to injury... Kolasinac, Torriera, Chambers, Cedric, and possibly Mustafi all out. Leaves them a bit short in terms of defensive minded players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So you’d drop the player who created the best goal scoring opportunity in the last two games? I wouldn’t. Tempted to say I’d drop March as he is currently next to useless as an attacking threat but he does defend and give the FB good cover. Tough one

The dilemma is that March has always and in these last games, helped hugely in nullifying much lauded opposition wide players. It’s his huge strength, he does it for 90 minutes. Everyone’s in agreement his attacking play is poor.

Auba, Pepe, Ozil and Lacazette offer so many threats, especially out wide.

Some tactical/personnel caution is required.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I'd stick with the same team, consistency is crucial and despite not scoring in the past 2 games, the team did look much better balanced.

Take the way Bissouma has improved after a run of games in the starting line-up, March and Trossard might be on the cusp of similar improvement with the benefit of a string of starts.

Same again for me, with Mac and Ali to come on as subs.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why not get there early to make a banner then have group sex in basement? Make a day of it. :thumbsup:

:ohmy:

It's a plan ... I'll give it a go *

* Will wash hands and face thoroughly
** Won't use sex aids in case of cross contamination
*** No kissing or heavy petting

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

After two of his best games in an Albion shirt, shirley Yves Bisooouma HAS to start against the Gooners. if we do make one change l would say MacAllister for Solly March, average at best against Palace and Woves.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd be inclined to leave out Burn for either March or Bernardo. Arsenal mostly play through the middle but they do use Aubameyang out wide. His threat is pace and movement where Burn may struggle IMO. March at LB allows us to bring MacAllister in....

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I'd be inclined to leave out Burn for either March or Bernardo. Arsenal mostly play through the middle but they do use Aubameyang out wide. His threat is pace and movement where Burn may struggle IMO. March at LB allows us to bring MacAllister in....

I know what you mean when you say that about Burn, but I think he plays well in these games against quick players.. for example He played well at the Emirates, played Zaha really well. He's much quicker than he looks I think and long-legs give him a chance to nick the ball when all seems lost.. He's got a good temperament for these kind of battles - doesn't get rattled and can frustrate his opposite number. I think GP will stick with the team that started at Wolves.. just watched the highlights back from the Emirates game and the two lads up front (Connolly and Maupay looked a real threat, stretching their centre-backs.. don't think we will see that again, but makes you realise how far Connolly has dropped down the pecking order!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a plan ... I'll give it a go *

* Will wash hands and face thoroughly
** Won't use sex aids in case of cross contamination
*** No kissing or heavy petting

And as we aren't playing palace, no diving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here