Sussex by the Sea
Not ALL doom and gloom in the markets.

Capture.JPG

Bog roll anyone?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Brent Crude has gone down 50% in two weeks. 33$ first thing this morning but has climbed up a bit.
With the budget this Wednesday and pump prices falling (slower than wholesale) I would imagine fuel tax may be raised for the first time in many years.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Miners and Oil shares getting slammed the most 15-20% down this morning. Can think of a few disaster capitalists licking their lips

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I bet shares in Andrex have gone up.

Not really. I know it was probably said in jest but toilet rolls are something that, over the course of two months, you would only need x rolls. So buying 10 times x now means zero sales in two months time. You're never going to need more toilet rolls next week than last week unless that curry was off.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I bet shares in Andrex have gone up.

There's been a run on the market, with small investors completely wiped out.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oil off 30%

FTSE down 8%, that 24% since January 1st

Been a while since we've seen this keen of panic

There’s been a bit of a bounce in the last hour........ hold on tight

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the oil thing is not directly corona related, Saudi are going in to price war with Russia.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
the oil thing is not directly corona related, Saudi are going in to price war with Russia.

This. Saudis have hugely increased production to drive down prices to try and hit the Russian oil producers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. Saudis have hugely increased production to drive down prices to try and hit the Russian oil producers.

Spare a moment for Trump and all those shale oil producers he championed to try and make USA self reliant ....they’ll be going bust with oil at its current price

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unless I'm very much mistaken this is a non-story.

Recent history suggests the stock market can do what it likes as I can be relied upon to bail them out.

I for one will just be grateful for the opportunity to once again help the multi millionaires get back on their feet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Unless I'm very much mistaken this is a non-story.

Recent history suggests the stock market can do what it likes as I can be relied upon to bail them out.

I for one will just be grateful for the opportunity to once again help the multi millionaires get back on their feet.

It isn't just multi millionaires who are shareholders and have an interest in the stockmarket.
It includes anyone who has a pension and also small private investors, either trying to build a nest egg or boost their income, especially in retirement, with interest rates being so low!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
At some point the speculators will pile in and start buying - just need a hint of some good news like signs of successful drug testing.

I wish I had lots of free cash

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Oil off 30%

FTSE down 8%, that 24% since January 1st

Been a while since we've seen this keen of panic

Private pension getting battered, luckily not retiring just yet.

The oil thing is pretty significant and potentially dangerous, Russia walk away from opec agreed supply cut to boost price, Saudia then massively increase supply and cut prices (much lower costs to produce oil than Russia), to try and bring Russia in line which causes the massive dropn in price.

Saudia are one of the 2 regional powers backed by US, who are hated by the other regional power Iran backed by Russia. Venezuela where Russia are entrenched and keeping Maduro on life support, is absolutely relient on oil price, they could implode.

I don't fancy what a wounded Putin might do next.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here