Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Single B sides that were better than the A side

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
B side to Hello, Goodbye

Originally the B side to Train in Vain in Europe until released as an A side in the UK

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Clifford T Ward had a big hit in 1973 with Gaye. The B side - the quite brilliant ‘Home Thoughts From Abroad’ - was later(76) released as a single in its own right.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
Was going to say Masterplan by oasis but realised it was a b side to wonderwall !! For 2 or 3 years oasis were a monster band.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Was going to say Masterplan by oasis but realised it was a b side to wonderwall !! For 2 or 3 years oasis were a monster band.

Oasis were the first band I thought of too.

If you don't want to put the Masterplan over Wonderwall no worries, how about this b-side of Roll with it?

One of Liam's best vocals IMO.

Or how about all three b-sides of Some Might Say(a number one single by the way)?

Thinking about it, Some might say might be one of the strongest 'singles' of all time.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Acquiesce is probably better than Some Might Say. Both great tunes though.

The Oasis b-sides are better most band’s a-sides.

https://youtu.be/N7xdHY8HK9Y

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oasis were the first band I thought of too.

If you don't want to put the Masterplan over Wonderwall no worries, how about this b-side of Roll with it?

One of Liam's best vocals IMO.

Or how about all three b-sides of Some Might Say(a number one single by the way)?

Thinking about it, Some might say might be one of the strongest 'singles' of all time.

Yes! Rockin Chair is incredible, my favourite Oasis tune and up there with Love Will Tear Us Apart as my favourite record of all time.

Listen Up, B-side to Cigarettes and Alcohol also deserves a mention.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c

The Beatles are the only band I can think of who comes close to the level of B-sides of Oasis.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yes! Rockin Chair is incredible, my favourite Oasis tune and up there with Love Will Tear Us Apart as my favourite record of all time.

Listen Up, B-side to Cigarettes and Alcohol also deserves a mention.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVMQ-1lJ6c

The Beatles are the only band I can think of who comes close to the level of B-sides of Oasis.

There are so many great Oasis B-Sides, particularly in the early days but even through out the later albums too. Idler's dream on Hindu Times, Lets All make Believe on Go Let it Out are two that immediately spring to mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree with many of your posts Icy but thought the A-side was excellent - probably the Motownesque beat to it

Fair enough, that record was played to death when it came out and I came to hate it, so I may be biased in my dismissal of it :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here