Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans today

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Not sure how well it will have come across on TV or radio but there was some good and consistent singing from our supporters today. My journey was much shorter td though getting from Wolves to the M6 was a pain. Fans were also very appreciative of the team’s effort and although the result was the same as last year it was a better watch - honestly! Come on Albion - a win next week please!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I heard a nice rendition of "Graham Potters blue and white army"

Our away fans are awesome.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I heard a nice rendition of "Graham Potters blue and white army"

Our away fans are awesome.

Away fans generally are until they are 2-0 down...........its our home support that needs some work. I know we regularly get 30 k now but trust an oldie here ...... the 30k gates in the 70’svandv80’s were in the main pretty deafening.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Actually didn't come across that well on the radio/stream I listened to/watched, whole ground sounded very quiet.

That's good to hear though even if didn't come across too well

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Came across very well indeed on NBC Sports, even heard a rendition of Build a Bonfire, among a fair few others I could make out. If you can make out the songs you know you're coming over loud and clear. Top away day support as usual.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Actually didn't come across that well on the radio/stream I listened to/watched, whole ground sounded very quiet.

I had 5 Live on yesterday afternoon. When they cut to the Wolves-Brighton game for an update, the match summariser said it was so quiet he could hear the players talking to each other from his commentary position.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Always amazes me how massive Molineux looks on TV, especially with the revamped double-tiered stand behind the goal. Looks about 40k, but is the same capacity as the Amex.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always amazes me how massive Molineux looks on TV, especially with the revamped double-tiered stand behind the goal. Looks about 40k, but is the same capacity as the Amex.
Roland Road made me laugh.

1 lovely massive stand + 3 cowsheds.

Still light years ahead of palace.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Came across very well indeed on NBC Sports, even heard a rendition of Build a Bonfire, among a fair few others I could make out. If you can make out the songs you know you're coming over loud and clear. Top away day support as usual.

The Build a Bonfire was sang by Wolves fans, but I couldn't understand their lyrics to it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Build a Bonfire was sang by Wolves fans, but I couldn't understand their lyrics to it.

Reminds me of the story about Noddy Holder reminiscing to his barber about the good old days.

"I 'ad these looovley stack 'eel boots'

"Kipper tie?"

"Thanks mate, milk and two sugars"

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Reminds me of the story about Noddy Holder reminiscing to his baber about the good old days.

"I 'ad these looovley stack 'eel boots'

"Kipper tie?"

"Thanks mate, milk and two sugars"

Love that story.

Completely different Region but it always reminds me of the time I stayed in a hotel in Hull many years ago. The receptionist beckoned me over one morning to advise me of a 'fern curl.' I thought she'd mistaken me for a houseplant expert.

Turns out my boss had been trying to reach me on the telephone :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Love that story.

Completely different Region but it always reminds me of the time I stayed in a hotel in Hull many years ago. The receptionist beckoned me over one morning to advise me of a 'fern curl.' I thought she'd mistaken me for a houseplant expert.

Turns out my boss had been trying to reach me on the telephone :shrug:

Or the Black Country lad who whilst fishing caught a whale in the local canal.

He threw it back because there were lots of spokes missing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Atmosphere wasn't helped by the upper / lower tier split. 10 years ago Wolves away was a hostile horrible game. Last time I was there one of their fans with a wolves badge tattooed on his face asked me 'where the rest of you queers are?

Yesterday thier fans were directing me to the ground and it was the right way as well. How times change.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Away fans generally are until they are 2-0 down...........its our home support that needs some work. I know we regularly get 30 k now but trust an oldie here ...... the 30k gates in the 70’svandv80’s were in the main pretty deafening.

Yeah and young people respected their elders and you could leave your front door unlocked, etc...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yeah and young people respected their elders and you could leave your front door unlocked, etc...

The truth is that although we have the numbers our fans are just not as partisan as they were in the past.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had 5 Live on yesterday afternoon. When they cut to the Wolves-Brighton game for an update, the match summariser said it was so quiet he could hear the players talking to each other from his commentary position.

You were obviously listening on MW, if you had DAB, it universal translator converts local dialect into PATHE news English.
Albion fans would come over as a choral society outfit from Glyndebourne:D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Away fans tend to be better than home fans....manu show that if you go and watch them away, which I have done a few times...they sing from start to finish.

Also our home fans have a large percentage of “ sit and watch” rather than, “ we are away and let’s get behind the lads” mentality

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I was in the top tier yesterday and I thought our fans were extremely noisy for the majority of the game . I must have heard "shoot you ****" and the C word at least a hundred times each.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here