Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV Comedy

Slowly losing the will to live as in an effort to be sociable I have have sat through Gogglebox (for pity's sake WHY) and now Ant and Dec. I will welcome reccomendations for something that will make me LOL and that is easily got at via the usual streaming sites.

Whilst I acknowledge that shows like This Country and Detectorists are well made they don't actually raise a chortle that the likes of Father Ted or even viewing old Harry Enfield shows do.

Over to you.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mrs Brown's Boys

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Any episode of Would I Lie to you with Bob Mortimer on!

I was going to say the same. Once when it was about him doing his own dentistry was Comedy Gold.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Toast of London on Netflix, some of it is absolutely hilario!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Murder in Successville.

I put off watching this but watched first episode and was hooked. Genuinely laugh out loud.

Judge Romesh on UKTVPlay (Dave channel) also had me lol’ing often.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I do like the humour of This Country but I admit it's not laughing yourself silly,

The only comedy programme that was really made crack up in the last ten years has been Derry Girls - can't think of anything else that's come close

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Any episode of Would I Lie to you with Bob Mortimer on!

“Chris Rea cracked an egg in my bath” :lolol:

I’ve kept the episode on my planner and often watch it back if I’m having a crap day... guaranteed laugh every time.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
“Chris Rea cracked an egg in my bath” :lolol:

I’ve kept the episode on my planner and often watch it back if I’m having a crap day... guaranteed laugh every time.

Yep, having watched this episode probably half a dozen times, and even though I know the answer, Bob makes it so believable that I am almost as genuinely surprised as David Mitchell when the truth is revealed...

Uproariously funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfawvs5PouA

If you haven’t seen this before, watch to the very end. If you don’t laugh out loud, you’re probably dead...

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Although not strictly a comedy, Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing is just feel good through and through. It’s genuinely heart warming with some funny moments. You don’t even need to like fishing. If it doesn’t raise a huge smile and make you just feel better about life then you must be dead inside.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Although not strictly a comedy, Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing is just feel good through and through. It’s genuinely heart warming with some funny moments. You don’t even need to like fishing. If it doesn’t raise a huge smile and make you just feel better about life then you must be dead inside.

I was going to mention this too. It really does give you a very different perspective on two funny men who have had health problems in their life...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
QI preferably XL can have it's LOL moments. As long as Jo Brand isn't on it to bring down the mood!

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I never got Reeves and Mortimer as a double act.

Bob Mortimer IS a genuinely funny man, whereas Vic Reeves thinks HE is a genuinely funny man!

I used to feel the same way but the latest series of Big Night Out is bloody hilarious. If you like surrreal comedy that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here