Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread **

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wolves v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Molineux Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th March 2020
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistants: Scott Ledger, Simon Long
Fourth official: Jeremy Simpson
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup

TEAM NEWS

Wolves winger Adama Traore could feature on Saturday despite sustaining a dislocated shoulder in the win at Tottenham last weekend.

Jonny Otto and Morgan Gibbs-White have both been ruled out through injury.

Brighton & Hove Albion welcome back defender Shane Duffy, who missed the defeat against Crystal Palace for family reasons.

Midfielder Dale Stephens, who has not featured since 1 February. is available after recovering from a groin injury.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: All Premier League clubs now invest millions in data analysis. Number crunching improves preparation. But it can't win matches. That's down to adrenaline, athletic sinews, heart and utter belief in the manager.

Wolves have all of that. Nuno Espirito Santo has a real aura on the touchline. Their football has flowed gloriously despite a demanding fixture list. He has played to their strengths.

I worry that Brighton have tried to change their DNA too quickly. The defensive protection of last season has gone. Passing football won't keep them up unless they can score. Too many fans I spoke too [sic] after the Crystal Palace defeat fear the worst.

But football is fickle. Brighton are Wolves' bogey team. On paper it has to be a home win. You never know!

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Wolves head coach Nuno Espirito Santo: "It's not about the table, it's about your opponent.

"It's going to be very difficult; Graham [Potter] since the beginning has implemented an idea, a pattern of play - it's a good team, full of quality players."

Graham Potter: "You can't predict the future in this sport.

"Togetherness is important, I have full confidence the lads will keep giving everything they can.

"I have been through a lot in life both inside and outside of football - it isn't always an upward journey.

"We have a wonderful challenge ahead of us now."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Wolves have won only four of the 31 league meetings (D12, L15). All four of those victories were in the second tier.
    [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in all nine top-flight matches against Wolves (W7, D2).
Wolves

• [*=left]Wolves are looking to secure three consecutive Premier League victories for the first time since May 2019.
    [*=left]The six goals they have scored in the past two league games equals their total from the previous seven.
    [*=left]They can keep three consecutive top-flight home clean sheets for the first time since December 1983.
    [*=left]Wolves have conceded first in 18 Premier League matches this season, more than any other side. However, they have recovered 21 points from losing positions, six more than anyone else.
    [*=left]In the last two seasons, Wolves have come from behind to claim a league-high 35 points.
    [*=left]Raul Jimenez's 13 Premier League goals this season have been worth 16 points, a joint-high with Sadio Mane and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Jimenez also scored 13 goals last term.
    Diogo Jota has scored six goals in his last three games for Wolves in all competitions.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have drawn five of their nine league and cup matches this calendar year, losing the other four.
    [*=left]Albion have just one win from their past 14 games in all competitions.
    [*=left]Their solitary victory in 13 Premier League away games came at Arsenal in December (D4 L8).
    [*=left]Brighton's tally of 28 points is their lowest after 28 fixtures of a Premier League season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls had 24 attempts on goal against Crystal Palace last weekend, their highest tally in a Premier League game.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Skinflints and paupers.

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Rather than the 28 shots at the keeper I'm thinking 2 shots in the net and a clean sheet please, come on boys need a positive result today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited (good fan today)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Come on the Albion! Let’s keep a clean sheet today at the very least.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A win here shuts up the critics and gives the team some much needed confidence. A draw is a more than decent result. Another defeat and it's looking grim. A big game and time for the big personalities to deliver.

If you're going to cling on to anything it's that "bogey team" statistic because one of the things that irks me a little is that in the season we went up Wolves were actually our bunnies and I fully expected the win we got there on Good Friday to set up the Wigan game. Since then, whatever the shady finances (or not), they have completely overtaken us and will be strong favourites.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Up bright and early and been to the gym

Today’s order of play

8am Breakfast
9am Shave Bollocks
10am Accums
11:30am FPL
12 Noon Vasectomy
3pm Hopefully pain levels have peaked

3:01pm till Monday 23:59 do nothing lounge around and play on it

What a day

UTA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A win here shuts up the critics and gives the team some much needed confidence. A draw is a more than decent result. Another defeat and it's looking grim. A big game and time for the big personalities to deliver.

If you're going to cling on to anything it's that "bogey team" statistic because one of the things that irks me a little is that in the season we went up Wolves were actually our bunnies and I fully expected the win we got there on Good Friday to set up the Wigan game. Since then, whatever the shady finances (or not), they have completely overtaken us and will be strong favourites.

Do we have big personalities other than Dunk, Duffy and Murray?

Two of those are normally on the bench

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Up bright and early and been to the gym

Today’s order of play

8am Breakfast
9am Shave Bollocks
10am Accums
11:30am FPL
12 Noon Vasectomy
3pm Hopefully pain levels have peaked

3:01pm till Monday 23:59 do nothing lounge around and play on it

What a day

UTA

The Vasectomy will be the easiest thing you will do today. Pain ain't that much unless you get a butcher doing it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never been at Euston on a Saturday morning and seen so few people, is everyone now too concerned to travel ?

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Will be very irritated if we don’t see Mac Allister and Lamptey on the pitch at some point today.

Maybe at the pre match pitch inspection, will these two make the difference? We seem to be doing everything right except the important bit, Potter may suprise us all and include them both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here