Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panic buying.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What,a this all about ? Went into Morrison's Leek and hardly a toilet roll in sight along with paracetamol surprised that it's not Panic at the Pumps,but give it time.:wave:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phew. Though this was going to be a thread a Locadia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the run on toilet rolls is completely media caused. NOBODY wants to end up without loo paper so saying it’s being panic purchased on the news only ramps it up :shrug:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Just came back from Waitrose and everything was in order. The conclusion to draw is that posh people panic less. On that basis, I'd imagine ASDA is decimated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just came back from Waitrose and everything was in order. The conclusion to draw is that posh people panic less. On that basis, I'd imagine ASDA is decimated.

Well no one in their right mind panic buys at Waitrose prices

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Went to Aldi this morning and everything was tickity boo - then went to Sainsburys and shelves were stripped. Loads of old people with boxes of cereal, rice, pasta, toilet rolls, pet food ( ?!??!! ) and soup in their trolleys. Me thinks it might be an old person thing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sainsbury’s does indeed seem to be one of the worst hit in the panic buying stakes. I’d like to see how their customer demographic correlates to Daily Mail/express readership.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What,a this all about ? Went into Morrison's Leek and hardly a toilet roll in sight along with paracetamol surprised that it's not Panic at the Pumps,but give it time.:wave:

Don't get the global bog roll thing, it's all over the place.

Paracetamol is slightly different if all these bits are true. It was written 3-4 days ago that India who are one of the world's largest drug manufacturers had banned the export of 26 regular type drugs (to keep availability in India) as the base elements were imported from China and they couldn't get them currently, which has halted production.

Thought nothing of it until the Mrs called up after picking up a prescription and the pharmacist advised to get paracetamol, lemsip, ibuprofen in now as he reckoned up to 70% of what is packaged and sold here is imported from India?

He said he couldn't order more ibuprofen right now and he believed there may be problems with paracetamol within a few weeks? So we bought 2 bigger packs of each.

Guess if you do get a fever, you'll need those to reduce it. Hopefully if true? Matt Hancock will be working on other ways of supplying them as basic stuff, surely can't be to hard to make it here if needs be and the ingredients can be sourced?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
People who 'panic buy' don't seem to realise it is a selfish act.

Then gain, if it was readers of the Daily Mail and Daily Express they may be beyond reasonable understanding anyway.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What a ***** thing to say, some people shop in both

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here