Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A message from the Chairman...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Positivity the key in final ten games

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1637163/bloom-positivity-the-key-in-final-ten-games

Chairman Tony Bloom has called on everyone with the club at heart to get behind Albion as the Premier League season reaches a crucial stage.

Speaking ahead of Saturday’s game against Wolves, he said that a positive attitude and a sense of togetherness were crucial if Albion were going to turn results around and climb the Premier League table.

“It is a really important part of the season and we are all in this together," he said.

"Graham [Potter], his staff, the players, everyone who works for the club, the fans and the city. It’s important that we are all united behind Brighton & Hove Albion for this big push in these last ten games.

“Things haven’t gone right for us which happens in football, but the players and Graham are positive and we’re absolutely up for the fight. We’ve been here before and we’re positive that we can get results in those ten games. Every single one of them is winnable and if we have a positive mindset our results will turn around.”

He also called on the fans to play their part at the Amex in the final five home games of the season and create the ‘raucous’ atmosphere that can help the players so much.

“I know fans can get frustrated but it’s absolutely key not to show it during the game, and instead to create a raucous atmosphere and really get behind the team.

“I’d love to see the atmosphere we had for the play-off game against Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago, which I feel is the best ever at the Amex, to lift it that one notch and to be as positive as they can towards the players because it does make a difference.”

Albion have won plenty of plaudits for their style of play this season but the reality is that they need to turn performances into points during the run-in.

“In a lot of games we have played well and I can only think of one game where we have been the second-best team and got a least a point which was Sheffield United away.

“It’s been such a change in style and it’s difficult to get that going straight away but what is key right now is to turn that into results. That’s what everyone at the club really cares about.”

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What he is actually saying is “stop moaning, sighing and shouting abuse at players if things aren’t going our way and make some positive supportive noise”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What he is actually saying is “stop moaning, sighing and shouting abuse at players if things aren’t going our way and make some positive supportive noise”

Yes.

And....(different from last season)...I'm not sacking GPoTT

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
tenor (2).gif

#together

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As much as I have moaned on here recently, Tony is spot on. We can be the twelth man. On the one hand a run of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and City at home looks daunting. On the other there's absolutely no excuse not to turn these games into a massive wall of noise. They are big games and these are teams who will not sit back a la Palace and hit on the break, nor pack the midfield like Watford. They will come here and play their football. It might just suit our style of play.

Ultimately though, we can lead the team to chances with positivity and noise but we can't finish the chances for them. The Sheffield Wednesday game he mentions was notable for us playing brilliantly but not finishing off our chances. We can't afford that to happen again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well true, as none of the above are going to help our situation, grave as it already is.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So what are the players going to do when they are playing PL games behind closed doors due the virus, given that our Chairman has stated that the fans being behind the team really makes a difference and gives them confidence.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Me and my bit in the North Stand support the team brilliantly, and even more so recently.

**** knows what the other stands are doing.

Just get behind the team. Start songs. Keep songs going. Repeat.

Surely there are fans on this board that are in other stands that want to support. Do it.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
"we’re positive that we can get results in those ten games. Every single one of them is winnable and if we have a positive mindset our results will turn around.”

There.
All it takes is a positive mindset and we will win every single one of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When TB wades in, it's taken with respect.

An identical message from PB would've been pilloried by many.

Id have probably given up reading after the 8th page.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When TB wades in, it's taken with respect.

An identical message from PB would've been pilloried by many.

Hopefully the team can perform to the level of the "plaudits" received from the media.

Yep - messages to the fans about support need to come from another fan. Messages about revenue, bottle tops and flasks? Not so much. I'm sure PB understands that part of his role is to be bad cop because no one is ever going to say a bad word about Tony.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Obviously scared about being relegated, too late now

We're not even in the relegation zone!

Come on Unrest, get behind the boys or Hilda will have you over her knee!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As much as I have moaned on here recently, Tony is spot on. We can be the twelth man. On the one hand a run of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and City at home looks daunting. On the other there's absolutely no excuse not to turn these games into a massive wall of noise. They are big games and these are teams who will not sit back a la Palace and hit on the break, nor pack the midfield like Watford. They will come here and play their football. It might just suit our style of play.

Ultimately though, we can lead the team to chances with positivity and noise but we can't finish the chances for them. The Sheffield Wednesday game he mentions was notable for us playing brilliantly but not finishing off our chances. We can't afford that to happen again.

You never know, of the 'big four' that you mention, it depends which Arsenal or Man Utd team turn up, if we play well and they don't, both are beatable. Liverpool of course won the title what seems like months ago so maybe they won't be trying quite so hard, and Man City could well already be on the beach with nothing to play for.

There is always hope.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
"Every single one of them is winnable"

Err OK Tony we'll all use the power of positive thought to win them all and get 30 points.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

What he is actually saying is "it looks like we're going down but let's get behind the team and see what happen eh?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has a point.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
“I know fans can get frustrated but it’s absolutely key not to show it during the game, and instead to create a raucous atmosphere and really get behind the team.

I agree with his sentiments but......

It is really feckin hard not to show or get frustrated when you have had 22 shots at goal with no end product......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here