Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Just when you think things can't get much more bonkers...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Imagine being a juror on this one... (apols for the link, if you want to read on)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-73-year-old-mothers-head-knife-scissors.html

A woman decapitated her 73-year-old mother with a knife and scissors before removing her brain and kissing it in front of a family friend, a court heard today.

Odessa Tammy Carey, 36, is accused of beating her mother to death at her home in Ashington, Northumberland, before performing the grisly act.

Odessa Carey, 36, beat her mother, also called Odessa Carey, to death at her home then used a knife and scissors to cut off her head, cut a cross shape into her abdomen and removed her brain, it has been claimed.

Newcastle Crown Court heard today that the killer daughter carried the severed head around in a carrier bag and brought it out and kissed it in front of a family friend.

The 73-year-old's headless corpse was found on her bed and her brain was in the bathroom at her home in Ashington, Northumberland. Mrs Carey's head was found at a separate address, in a cupboard under the sink, at a house where Carey Jr was found hiding in the loft.

:ohmy:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m sure there will be mitigating circumstances if they look hard enough. Suspended sentence

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In the past I'd been curious about juror and quite fancied being called up for jury service. Then a friend told me about how they had jury service on a case where a child was abducted, raped and killed. They had to sit through graphic depictions of it, photos of the crime scene and corpse etc. Ever since then I've been less keen to do jury service!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In the past I'd been curious about juror and quite fancied being called up for jury service. Then a friend told me about how they had jury service on a case where a child was abducted, raped and killed. They had to sit through graphic depictions of it, photos of the crime scene and corpse etc. Ever since then I've been less keen to do jury service!

Its luck of the draw to an extent, in that respect. I was lucky in that the three cases I sat on a couple of years ago was a charge of affray, assault/attempted robbery, and a GBH. No children involved, nothing too gruesome or overly serious, just a few serial lowlifes. Fascinating to see and be involved in the judiciary process though (from the 'right side' of the bench, anyway).

There is a LOT of waiting around though...

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I did jury service and found it really interesting. My heart did sink when told it was a sexual assault case but it wasn't a particularly severe case compared to what it could have been.

You'd be unlucky to get a horrible case, but obviously somebody has to. An ex-colleague got a case where 4 guys jumped out of a car and beat a sleeping homeless guy with a car jack, totally unprovoked. It was captured on CCTV. The thing that got him was how 4 people decided to do that just for fun.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Scary these weirdos walk amongst us

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Its luck of the draw to an extent, in that respect. I was lucky in that the three cases I sat on a couple of years ago was a charge of affray, assault/attempted robbery, and a GBH. No children involved, nothing too gruesome or overly serious, just a few serial lowlifes. Fascinating to see and be involved in the judiciary process though (from the 'right side' of the bench, anyway).

There is a LOT of waiting around though...

This.

A lot of waiting in many cases.

Managed to get out of a second call due to a pre-booked holiday and they never came back to ask for an alternative date. After the tedium of my first time I'm certainly glad I missed out doing it twice. Nothing against doing my civic duty but it's not as glamourous as many people think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Odessa Carey, 36, beat her mother, also called Odessa Carey, to death at her home then used a knife and scissors to cut off her head, cut a cross shape into her abdomen and removed her brain, it has been claimed.

I might need to double check this, but I'm pretty sure the brain isn't found in the abdomen.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013

I had to sit on a case where a father (now in his 70s) had been accused of all kinds of acts against his two daughters. It wasn't a grizzly affair, just their words against his but that was enough, I couldn't imagine sitting through something terrible like that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
She might be a brain surgeon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here