Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier league bans pre match handshakes

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Seems a bit over the top given they say droplets from the nose and mouth can be passed onto the hands. Seems a bit futile given players spit and clear there noses by snotting all over the place. Next it will be you can’t go within 3 feet of any player on the pitch. Still if that happens with the way we play we might just get a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I imagine it’s more a gesture to promote good practice than a realistic barrier against the bug.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Seems a bit over the top given they say droplets from the nose and mouth can be passed onto the hands. Seems a bit futile given players spit and clear there noses by snotting all over the place. Next it will be you can’t go within 3 feet of any player on the pitch. Still if that happens with the way we play we might just get a win.o

We rarely do anyway.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Cue the Seig Mail and the Torygraph harrumphing "Another example of Political Correctness gone mad. Even footballers are turning into Woke snowflakes." :mad:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Seems a bit over the top given they say droplets from the nose and mouth can be passed onto the hands. Seems a bit futile given players spit and clear there noses by snotting all over the place. Next it will be you can’t go within 3 feet of any player on the pitch. Still if that happens with the way we play we might just get a win.

I've always preferred the Stuart Pearce approach re. the Germans/Scots/everyone else at Euro96: "Why would I want to shake hands with any of them before a match?" But you're right, it does seem an odd order by the PL given the amount of gob and nose detritus flying around. A gesture no doubt, HerrTubT.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
I have always thought the line up and the hand shake a bit pointless anyway, and a bit of a pantomime. I haven't seen any evidence that it improved sportsmanship once the game started. I also find the TV's relatively recent obsession with the managers pre-match handshake/man hug a but cringey as well.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So are we going to stop our pre kick off huddle.

We've already stopped the goal scoring celebrations so are ahead of the game anyway.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Do players still climb into a giant communal bath after each match? They should ban that. They’re basically marinading in their own filth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here